Need to ID Installation

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Deiz
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Need to ID Installation

Post by Deiz »

I've looked through most of the installations with models in SVN masters, and didn't find this one, which I'm trying to identify.

Before I go digging through data, converting the .bfxms to a more readable format, are any of you able to quickly identify this installation?
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Re: Need to ID Installation

Post by Fendorin »

Welcome Deiz

It look like the Strangelet's Diplomatic Center without the "city" and the Transparent part
http://vegastrike.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... iew=markup

IT first time i see your posted pic ? where did you get it is? is not filled into any Files?
Deiz
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by Deiz »

Ah, very good.

The image is sourced from NAEV, a project I contribute to. As per our artwork license we make use of many VS assets.

When the project began, a substantial amount of content was imported, and much of it hasn't been touched since. In the case of the Diplomatic Center, it hasn't been changed since December 31, 2007.

We're exclusively sprite-based, the contents of the artwork repository are periodically rendered into sprite sheets. We were missing this station, however.

I used Mesher to convert the bfxm to an obj+mtl, but the translucent covering doesn't survive the conversion (or perhaps Blender just doesn't import the material properly), and it ends up being black when imported, hence why it and the innards it covers are missing.

I noticed that quite a few vessels and installations only have textures in masters, but do have bfxms in data. Any particular reason for that?
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

I noticed that quite a few vessels and installations only have textures in masters, but do have bfxms in data. Any particular reason for that?
mmh some "art" are into master repo as "saving stock" but not yet into the game they are "source" maybe is the one you speak about