Need help with MASTERSON mission 3

Forum For Privateer Remake
Bmager
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Need help with MASTERSON mission 3

Post by Bmager »

I've probably spent a good 4-5 hours trying to complete this mission, and for whatever reason still no luck. Every place I read it says the enemies are suppose to be attacking you, not the transport. I'm able to take out all but the last fighter. The first wave of three is no problem but by the time I take out the second two the transport is dead. Any help would be appreciated.
Psyco Diver 69
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Psyco Diver 69 »

Buy the biggest guns you can get, load up with the tracking missles, autotracking on all your guns, all the turrets you can get and go in with your shields at 1/3. Everytime I've played that mission I was never targeted so going in with shields at 1/3 shouldn't hurt you, it will save more engery for your guns so you don't use up your capcitors right away. Honestly all you need is autotracking on your guns though, this makes the battle soooooo much easier, everything else I mentioned makes it much easier too

What ship are you using and what have you done with it so far?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Masterson3 is known to be quite hard, still spending 4-5 hours sounds to me like you're playing Gemini Gold?

The next release of Parallel Universe however will take the heat out of some of the "impossible" missions.
Psyco Diver 69
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Psyco Diver 69 »

Dilloh wrote:The next release of Parallel Universe however will take the heat out of some of the "impossible" missions.
I hope that means the Palon mission where you have to face like 10 demons cause I hate that mission with a passion lol
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Especially this mission... but also some others. :wink:
Psyco Diver 69
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Psyco Diver 69 »

I don't know about the other missions cause I beat the game and every mission requires a certain stratagy for beating it, some of the missions are harder than others but can be beat when you figure out what you have to do to win, its a nice challenge. The palon mission is a different story though that mission is just plain frustrating
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Don't worry - I guess you'll still get your challenge. But there are some missions which are simply unfair. Taryns missions for example, you pop up at a jump point and are surrounded by 10 Dralthis. That's way too much IMHO, so the main rebalance tool I'm making use of is reducing the number of foes.
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Anscar »

Dilloh wrote:Masterson3 is known to be quite hard, still spending 4-5 hours sounds to me like you're playing Gemini Gold?

The next release of Parallel Universe however will take the heat out of some of the "impossible" missions.
Any timeframe for that release? I've been holding off installing PU till the next version is available.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

I thought that it was supposed to be relesed this week, unless i was mistaken.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Definetively not this week... but use this file in the meantime, it should make your life easier. Backup /modules/campaigns.py and replace it with this file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Dilloh wrote:Definetively not this week...
Or this month? or next month? I can't remember what z30 said. :oops:

Team Fortress 2
Bmager
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Bmager »

Thx for the help guys... after beating it (and reading your posts) I decided to download the remake instead. I got through all but the last of cross's mission and then I read further and found out I missed all the deprecated ships... I ended up spending a day getting all the way back through getting the creds and the all of the deprecated ships along the way. The one ship that made my life the easiest was the mil spec. stiletto... I was able to use the after burner the whole time on cross's missions so i never had to fight. (I fought all my way through the first time with a fully upgraded centurian). Now that I have my Paradigm getting creds couldn't be easier (around 19mil in one run 4-gothri, 6-dralthi in one quick run - bounty mission/rescue mission couldn't have been easier). I'm on to the bonus missions/RF now. Excellent remake of the original... Thx again for spending the time on the remake. The original was ok well over 10 years ago when i played it first. When Privateer two came out, I thought it was much better than the original. But after playing the remake I find myself likeing this one alot better than either of them. Keep up the great work!!
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Pardon? Stiletto in Cross's mission? The Stiletto interceptor is unlock after you have destroyed the drone, unless you managed to pick one up off the black market. With the VS engine if you search diligently enough you may find locked ship for sale.

Team Fortress 2
Bmager
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Bmager »

I Just tractored in a military stiletto with the drayman. Along with a number of other ships that are locked until later in the game...
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

You can tractor in everything which fits your cargo space. However, you won't get any blank ships out there - milspec ships are less customizable, so you'll need to wait for the blank ships until you finished a campaign.
Lopaka79
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lopaka79 »

Psyco Diver 69 wrote:I don't know about the other missions cause I beat the game and every mission requires a certain stratagy for beating it, some of the missions are harder than others but can be beat when you figure out what you have to do to win, its a nice challenge. The palon mission is a different story though that mission is just plain frustrating
The mission on palan, with the mass amount of demons is awesome. Please don't make it simply easier. The strategy here is obvious. You cant just take that many demons at once. You need to flee and regather your composure. And the your best bet is the asteroid feild not too far from the planet. With some hope a couple of your attackers wont be able to nav the asteroids as well as u do. Also I sometimes get spawns of kilrathi there to ease the pain.

In all its a difficult mission but not impossible.

The more you make the game easier the less time you will have to challenge yourself and play the game.

The time used to make the game easier should be reverted to more campaigns or content. Just my 2cents

OH and btw. YOU GUYS ARE FRIGGIN AWESOME MAKING THIS GAME. I LOVE IT!
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome Lopaka79 glad you like the game.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Hey, glad you liked it. Yeah, there is a stratagy needed, but one of the things that helps is practicing on random Demons. With many trips to Oxford in between. :wink: .

I don't know how i'm gonna go as my laptop is REALLY jerky with the 'roids in 1.2.

Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Lopaka79 wrote:The time used to make the game easier should be reverted to more campaigns or content.
Hi Lopaka! Don't worry - I only took 1 wave out of the Palan mission. This took me virtually any time, and the rest is all reserved for new campaigns, new content, you name it.

I also think that the missions are doable, however it would be good to find a compromise with the majority of the users who actually think those missions are too hard.

My strategy: I use to be at friendly terms with the cats and take on cat bounty missions parallely. So I have cats as "wingmen" - and no problem in failing the cat bounty missions. (A Kamekh a day keeps the Hunter away :lol: )
Lopaka79
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lopaka79 »

All sounds good to me. Thanks for all the hard work :D

On another note could there be a way maybe later down the road to implement more crazy missions from the guilds. I've been trying to do the highest paying. The best one of found was a 220+k search/destroy with kamekh's at every point and the last piont with 4 kamekh's + esscorts! It was an awesome time. (beats abducting poor random ships with the tugboat) Just wish I didn't have to wax on wax off the guild terminals for a hour or so jumping system to system finding a hot spot. It seems, the way the engine was made, some system terminals go cold with high risk/paying missions.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

On another note could there be a way maybe later down the road to implement more crazy missions from the guilds.
Hahaha, epic battles are exactly my taste. I'll have some of those kinds of battles within the new campaigns, maybe not with such a high payment, but at least real challenges.
Lopaka79
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lopaka79 »

/drool

cant wait :D