selling equipment

Forum For Privateer Remake
allthumbs
Merchant
Merchant

selling equipment

Post by allthumbs »

I'm playing PU. When I sell my ship eqipment, I get full price for it, instead of the used price. Normal difficulty. Is that right? Also, I don't get the red or green docking things when landing at bases. Is that right?
allthumbs
Merchant
Merchant

Post by allthumbs »

Cmon, someone must know :(
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

In the original game, when you sold your ship to buy a new one, some of the equipment was transferred at no cost. That was hard to do with the vs engine, so the idea came up to just make those items' sale prices the same as the purchase prices.

What red and green things? Vegastrike's landing beacons? Why should they be in Privateer; they weren't there in the original Privateer.
allthumbs
Merchant
Merchant

Post by allthumbs »

because page 41 of the manual says there are docking indicators on medium and hard level. regarding the equipment - so I can buy stuff and sell it for the same price? Is that right? :( I'm not being a dick, I just want to know the answers so I can play knowledgeably
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

so I can buy stuff and sell it for the same price? Is that right?
I must admit I never tested this, thought the game displays a "used value". All I know is what Chuck says, if you sell your ship you'll just sell your ship, the equipment will be "thrown into the garbage can". So it's always clever to strip off any equipment first. So test it on your own, buy a laser onto an empty slot and sell it again, then you see if your credits are still the same.

About the landing boxes, they are definetively available on certain difficulty levels. If you're playing on medium and the manual says they shouldn't be there on medium, I guess this was a typing error within the manual if you get them.

To activate the docking indicators (on the higher difficulties), press D at any time you're targeting a landable base.
allthumbs
Merchant
Merchant

Post by allthumbs »

I am playing on normal difficulty. The manual says on normal and hard difficulty there are docking indicators. There are no docking indicators. Actually, pressing 0 to contact the base doesn't work either, but the other communications such as " how's it going," - buttons #1 thru #4, do work.

If I have an iris scanner that I want to sell for a better one, it says it is worth $4500 used, or $9000 new. When I sell it, I get $9000. But it is used. I am not selling my ship, just upgrading equipment.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Used prices in scanners are the same as the new prices for the historical reason I explained. Their saying used price is less, THAT is bug. Docking indicators, I really know nothing about it.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Actually, pressing 0 to contact the base doesn't work either
Not 0... try pressing D! D like Dilloh. :wink: Besides of it is the docking key, it should also enable the docking procedure.

Note that some ships will not allow docking (retro or some catships), nor will their DIs be shown.
Used prices in scanners are the same as the new prices for the historical reason I explained. Their saying used price is less, THAT is bug.
I really think this needs a change...
allthumbs
Merchant
Merchant

Post by allthumbs »

I do dock w/ the D key - I just was wondering what the 0 key in comms - "contact base" was for
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

I just was wondering what the 0 key in comms - "contact base" was for
That's inherited from the VS engine as "Request docking clearance*

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2