Is it possible to fly a broadsword?

Forum For Privateer Remake
Hathur
Explorer
Explorer

Is it possible to fly a broadsword?

Post by Hathur »

Can the broadsword be flown/purchased anywhere? If not, has anyone made a mod to allow it? I loved the broadsword in Wing Commander 2, it felt like a true old-fashion bomber, I'd love to fly it again.
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Anscar »

Yes, you can fly the Broadsword.

SPOILER
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
You can either buy it or capture it. Don't recall exactly when it's available for sale, but it's certainly available at Perry once you start the RF storyline. Check under "ships" in the equipment menu at the Ship Dealer. You need a large ship to capture a Broadsword. A Paradigm will easily do the job; a Drayman might, but not sure about that, since I've never captured one.
Hathur
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Hathur »

Ah ok, haven't got to the RF missions yet.

I wasn't aware its possible to capture fighters, how do you actually capture them?

Also, will the confed Sabre be possible to buy once I do the RF missions? When I go to perry all I can see for sale are the raptor, hornet, ferret etc.. various militia ships but no stilleto, sabre or broadsword yet.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Yes you can.

Once you finish the original Privateer campaign you can access the Broadsword, stiletto and others.

the sabre, IIRC is tied in with another campaign.

For more info on the PU (raptor, hornet, ferret are part of it) go to Parallel Universe.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Anscar »

I've really got to install PU. I'm currently replaying WC and I've got an itch to fly some WC ships in PR.

I've got the current version of PU on my harddrive, but was holding off till I finish all the PR bonus storyline possibilities. Also, I read here that a new version of PU will be out soon, so I was kind of waiting for that.
Hathur
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Hathur »

Thanks for the info folks, I'm really loving this remake..

I wasn't aware the remake came with its own custom campaign.. where can I start it? I have parallel universe and I know where to start that one (don't intend to until I upgrade my humble tarsus heh), but I wasn't aware remake came with its own too.
S1Genocide
Trader
Trader

Post by S1Genocide »

Any plans to give the broadsword a cockpit or make it more upgradeable? For PU that is.
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Anscar »

Hathur wrote:Thanks for the info folks, I'm really loving this remake..

I wasn't aware the remake came with its own custom campaign.. where can I start it? I have parallel universe and I know where to start that one (don't intend to until I upgrade my humble tarsus heh), but I wasn't aware remake came with its own too.
Munchen refinery in Tingerhoff.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Anscar wrote:Don't recall exactly when it's available for sale
After the drone is destroyed and you had your final chat with Terell, you'll get Stilettos, Broadswords and Paradigms for sale at Perry.
Hathur wrote:Also, will the confed Sabre be possible to buy once I do the RF missions?
The Sabre is part of PU, which you already seem to have installed for you're having Ferrets & Co. Sabres are free for sale and should be available @ Perry.
Anscar wrote:I've got the current version of PU on my harddrive, but was holding off till I finish all the PR bonus storyline possibilities.
No need for that, PU currently only adds new ships and stuff.
Anscar wrote:I read here that a new version of PU will be out soon, so I was kind of waiting for that.
We're currently awaiting z30's basemod, after that it's a matter of a few hours to start off :D
S1Genocide wrote:Any plans to give the broadsword a cockpit or make it more upgradeable? For PU that is.
z30 is currently importing canon WC1/2 cockpits, I guess there'll be a BS cockpit in, too. What exactly do you mean with "more upgradeable? Do you fly a stock one, or a milspec one?
S1Genocide
Trader
Trader

Post by S1Genocide »

S1Genocide wrote:Any plans to give the broadsword a cockpit or make it more upgradeable? For PU that is.
z30 is currently importing canon WC1/2 cockpits, I guess there'll be a BS cockpit in, too. What exactly do you mean with "more upgradeable? Do you fly a stock one, or a milspec one?[/quote]

Theres a milspec one? I can't tell which one I'm using the one that only has class 3 shields and can only add one turret. I want to be able to upgrage the turrets to particle cannons but I can only change one turret in the rear?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

IIRC, every time a new ship is available you can buy both milspec and blank editions, if not only milspec (like for paradigms, draymans, centurions, orions and galaxys). So you're most likely flying a milspec broadsword. Check out your ship stats at the upgrade computer, you should see an entry called "stock" or "milspec" right at the beginning of the stats.
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Anscar »

Anscar wrote:I've got the current version of PU on my harddrive, but was holding off till I finish all the PR bonus storyline possibilities.
Dilloh wrote:No need for that, PU currently only adds new ships and stuff.
Anscar wrote:I read here that a new version of PU will be out soon, so I was kind of waiting for that.
We're currently awaiting z30's basemod, after that it's a matter of a few hours to start off :D
z30 is currently importing canon WC1/2 cockpits, I guess there'll be a BS cockpit in, too. What exactly do you mean with "more upgradeable? Do you fly a stock one, or a milspec one?
My main concern is avoiding having to start a new game after I install PU. It was my (possibly mistaken) understanding from an earlier thread that the new version of PU will contain new storylines.....and that if I installed the current version now, I'd have to start a new game to access those new storylines after I installed the new PU version. Have I misunderstood something here?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

The current version of PU can be installed at any time and won't affect your savegame, despite of possible discrepancies between stock ships which would possibly result in that you cannot sell them any more, but nobody reported something like that so far.

The new version will contain new storylines, and starting a new game there would be highly recommended for the sake of having a good game balance, but it is not absolutely necessary... most important will be to complete the missions in Troy ASAP for they'll be locking vital equipment.

Wrong forum btw... sorry Mayima :oops: