[Off-topic] Would love some help.

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

alexis92
Trader
Trader

[Off-topic] Would love some help.

Post by alexis92 »

Hi team! Sorry for the off-topic post, but I would love some help.

Does anyone have any experience with Windshield replacement jobs for their cars? I recently got into a mild crash and came out unscathed luckily! but my front bumper and windshield are cracked! I'm not much of a car guy, I believe that if it runs and gets me where I need to go, I'm pretty much set. :lol: I was talking to a friend of mine and the topic of repairs came up and I've been quite confused since. He asked if I was going to get the windshield replaced with an OEM glass windshield or an aftermarket product.

Now, personally speaking, I have no clue what any of that means, so I'd love some help! I did a little research using some guides like these to see what I'm actually diving into (driving into, I should say) however, it would be great to hear about this from someone with experience! any advice would be appreciated!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Kenner
Trader
Trader

Re: [Off-topic] Would love some help.

Post by Kenner »

OEM (original equipment manufacturer) likely means getting the windshield replaced at a dealership. Expect to pay more. Aftermarket should be fine, unless you got some kind of high end HUD system built into your windshield.
alexis92
Trader
Trader

Re: [Off-topic] Would love some help.

Post by alexis92 »

I ended up going with OEM just to be safe, lets just say I drive a lot more careful now lol