ship design of mine

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

abysswolf
Merchant
Merchant

ship design of mine

Post by abysswolf »

HELLO! long time no see right?... i am recovering interest on making a ship mod for vega strike... in this line of design..:

how plausible is this?
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: ship design of mine

Post by klauss »

How plausible is what?

If you make the model... you tell us. The engine will take whatever you throw at it.

BTW: looks nice
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
abysswolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by abysswolf »

the model is DONE ! it just need textures and bump map... you can really help me w this? where i can find a tutorial?
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

You bake normal maps. Check out xNormal's tutorials.

In essence, you start by unwrapping your model, and creating a very high poly version of the ship with all the detail you can muster, making sure you mostly preserve the unwrap (texture coordinates), of both the low-poly and high-poly models in sync. When you're done, you give those two models to xNormal, which will create normal, height and even AO and PRT maps for you.
Wing Commander Universe
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Just a FYI xNormal has dropped 32 bit support as of version 3.17.16 all versions after that are 64 bit only so if you run Win32 use the 3.17.16 version.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

klauss wrote: In essence, you start by unwrapping your model, and creating a very high poly version of the ship with all the detail you can muster, making sure you mostly preserve the unwrap (texture coordinates), of both the low-poly and high-poly models in sync. When you're done, you give those two models to xNormal, which will create normal, height and even AO and PRT maps for you.
Why do you need a matching UV map on the extreme detail mesh?
In blender you only need UVs for the in game mesh...
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

AFAIK, if you don't, xNormal has to guess, and it can sometimes make mistakes. When the UVs match at least in matching vertices, everything works more smoothly.
Wing Commander Universe
travists
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by travists »

8 cap ship gun level turrets, 30 normal sized turrets!
Are those forward recesses ram-scoops for skimming reaction mass off gas giants or are they missile bays?

Not looked in on the dev side of things for a while. Is there need for a base busting cap-ship?
abysswolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by abysswolf »

no i don't need a tutorial for normals or textures i need one to get ships inside of Vega strike XDDD

EDIT IN RESPONCE OF TRAVIST (altough this shis is related to his own lore but it will serve to give an idea of the operational behavior of the vessel):

Specs:
Lenght:
1 093.17 Feet (333.2 meters)
Beam:
148.29 Feet (45.2 meters)
Orbital Speed:
8.2 km/s
Max Speed:
150.324.453 m/s
Combat speed:
8 - 45 km/s
Displassement:
105.000 Tons
Wormhole generator:
Type 1 Hyper fusion generator
Force Field Drive:
8x EMPG-BG003 "Igaruda" MK III
Power plant:

Main;
1x AXBH-"Titan" Open Breech Cold fusion impulsor
2x IXBH-"Tremor" Open Breech Cold fusion impulsor
Secondary/directional:
8x ADBH-"Mustang" Open Breech Cold Fusion impulsor with EXD1 Large vector nozzles

Armor:

-Classified-

Weapons:

Main Artillery:
9x SNLAG- "Ithaca" 16" Triple Turrets
Secondary artillery
30x SNSAG- BF1 4" Double turrets
5x SNTML - "Hog" Torpedo/Missile launcher

Countermesural armament:

20x SNCLG - "Fireball" anti-craft laser turrets

craft deployed:

4x "vostroy" class interceptors, 2x "brute" class multipurpose ships

so it is basically a warship in a all-big-gun configuration... that is... a BATTLESHIP... intented for solar system guard and planetal siege... altough it is kinda slow for assault attacks... this baby is not alone but in company of a handfull of destroyers... at least one carrier and various cruisers... and that front openings are to expulse heat of the generators... the rear openings are emergency turning/brake nozzles

basically in the lore of this ship, spaceships use a stabilized fusion reaction inside of a magnetic field with a breach that liberates the energy creating impulsion... the grade and size of the fusion creates more or less power on an engine so, this ship has vectorial impulse (in a very small grade) and trust in reducing the thrust in one or annother engine to make the ship steer... but when needed sudden stops or very closed angle manheuvers it uses those square front nozzles to divert the breach there and create a counter impulse that will stop the ship in place or make it go backwards...
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Have you checked the wiki?
Wing Commander Universe
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

I like the looks, reminds me of the live action Space Battleship Yamato. Love the cgi in that film. Shame it wasn't released in a theater near me :(
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
abysswolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by abysswolf »

so basically i have to use the blend file to put the markers in the right places... and then?.... how i get it in one shipyard? how i define what types of turrets it will carry? how i make the turrets in? thats the kind of things i need to know
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

That's when you start editing units.csv ( specs and placement of weapons and the ship) and master_part_list.csv for the things that you can buy.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2