Problems with OpenAL Renderer

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
VGSailor
Hunter
Hunter

Problems with OpenAL Renderer

Post by VGSailor »

Okay, after downloading and installing a half-dozen libraries that I didn't previously have, I have successfully configured VegaStrike, and I have even begun to compile it. It dies, however, returning the following errors:

Code: Select all

In file included from src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/al.h:10:0,
                 from src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/BorrowedOpenALRenderer.h:8,
                 from src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:6:
/usr/include/AL/al.h:86:37: error: ‘<anonymous>’ has incomplete type
/usr/include/AL/al.h:86:44: error: invalid use of ‘ALvoid’
In file included from src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/al.h:11:0,
                 from src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/BorrowedOpenALRenderer.h:8,
                 from src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:6:
/usr/include/AL/alc.h:56:47: error: ‘<anonymous>’ has incomplete type
/usr/include/AL/alc.h:56:54: error: invalid use of ‘ALvoid’
In file included from src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:6:0:
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/BorrowedOpenALRenderer.h:37:55: error: ‘ALCcontext’ has not been declared
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:33:17: error: ‘ALCcontext’ does not name a type
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp: In member function ‘void Audio::__impl::OpenAL::RendererData::openDevice(const char*)’:
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:142:47: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘type name’ with no type
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:142:47: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘type name’ with no type
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:142:47: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:142:47: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘const’
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:145:25: error: too few arguments to function ‘ALenum alGetError(<type error>)’
/usr/include/AL/al.h:86:25: note: declared here
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp: In member function ‘void Audio::__impl::OpenAL::RendererData::closeDevice()’:
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:153:25: error: ‘alContext’ was not declared in this scope
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp: In member function ‘void Audio::__impl::OpenAL::RendererData::openContext(const Audio::Format&)’:
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:166:25: error: ‘alContext’ was not declared in this scope
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:173:21: error: ‘ALCint’ was not declared in this scope
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:173:28: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘params’
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:178:21: error: ‘alContext’ was not declared in this scope
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:178:60: error: ‘params’ was not declared in this scope
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:180:25: error: too few arguments to function ‘ALenum alGetError(<type error>)’
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:185:21: error: too few arguments to function ‘ALenum alGetError(<type error>)’
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp: In member function ‘void Audio::__impl::OpenAL::RendererData::commit()’:
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:191:39: error: ‘alContext’ was not declared in this scope
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:192:21: error: too few arguments to function ‘ALenum alGetError(<type error>)’
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp: In member function ‘void Audio::__impl::OpenAL::RendererData::suspend()’:
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:199:32: error: too few arguments to function ‘ALenum alGetError(<type error>)’
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:200:21: error: too few arguments to function ‘ALenum alGetError(<type error>)’
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:201:43: error: ‘alContext’ was not declared in this scope
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:203:21: error: too few arguments to function ‘ALenum alGetError(<type error>)’
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp: In member function ‘void Audio::__impl::OpenAL::RendererData::closeContext()’:
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:209:25: error: ‘alContext’ was not declared in this scope
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp: In constructor ‘Audio::__impl::OpenAL::RendererData::RendererData()’:
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:219:21: error: class ‘Audio::__impl::OpenAL::RendererData’ does not have any field named ‘alContext’
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void Audio::OpenALRenderer::checkContext()’:
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:350:20: error: ‘struct Audio::__impl::OpenAL::RendererData’ has no member named ‘alContext’
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp: In member function ‘void Audio::OpenALRenderer::setupDopplerEffect()’:
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:395:36: error: ‘alSpeedOfSound’ was not declared in this scope
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:400:9: error: too few arguments to function ‘ALenum alGetError(<type error>)’
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp: At global scope:
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:403:71: error: ‘ALCcontext’ has not been declared
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp: In constructor ‘Audio::BorrowedOpenALRenderer::BorrowedOpenALRenderer(ALCdevice*, int*)’:
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:410:19: error: ‘struct Audio::__impl::OpenAL::RendererData’ has no member named ‘alContext’
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:412:19: error: ‘struct Audio::__impl::OpenAL::RendererData’ has no member named ‘alContext’
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:412:52: error: too few arguments to function ‘void* alcGetCurrentContext(<type error>)’
/usr/include/AL/alc.h:56:25: note: declared here
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:413:30: error: ‘struct Audio::__impl::OpenAL::RendererData’ has no member named ‘alContext’
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:414:57: error: ‘struct Audio::__impl::OpenAL::RendererData’ has no member named ‘alContext’
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:414:66: error: ‘alcGetContextsDevice’ was not declared in this scope
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp: In destructor ‘virtual Audio::BorrowedOpenALRenderer::~BorrowedOpenALRenderer()’:
src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.cpp:422:15: error: ‘struct Audio::__impl::OpenAL::RendererData’ has no member named ‘alContext’
make[1]: *** [src/audio/renderers/OpenAL/OpenALRenderer.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/info/vegastrike/compile/vegastrike-src-0.5.1.r1'
make: *** [all] Error 2
OpenAL was one of the libraries I just installed this morning, and configure seemed to be quite happy with it.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

BTW: I am using OpenSUSE 11.3 with 32-bit i586 architecture.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Problems with OpenAL Renderer

Post by klauss »

11.3?

That's a bit old.

Which version of OpenAL do you have?
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
VGSailor
Hunter
Hunter

Post by VGSailor »

I have tried to compile the newest version, but it won't compile. I follow the instructions, but it tells me 'cmake: Command not found.'

The version of libopenal that I do have is 1.5.304.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

VGSailor wrote:I have tried to compile the newest version, but it won't compile. I follow the instructions, but it tells me 'cmake: Command not found.'
Well, that's because you have to install cmake.
VGSailor wrote:The version of libopenal that I do have is 1.5.304.
I'll look into possible compatibility issues with that version. We've had similar errors with ALuchar, and it was an API change that happened at some point.
Wing Commander Universe
VGSailor
Hunter
Hunter

Post by VGSailor »

Well, I found a pre-compiled OpenAL of version 1.13 and installed that. It seemed to do a lot of OpenAL Renderer stuff, but now it quits with:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvorbisfile
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [vegastrike] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/info/vegastrike/compile/vegastrike-src-0.5.1.r1'
make: *** [all] Error 2
The output from file for my libvorbisfile library is this:

libvorbisfile.so.3.3.2: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, stripped
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Weird. Do you have the -devel package installed for libvorbisfile?
Wing Commander Universe
VGSailor
Hunter
Hunter

Post by VGSailor »

I figured it out. There were several broken links in my /usr/lib/ directory. The ones for libvorbisfile.so, libvorbis.so and libogg.so all pointed to old versions of the respective libraries which no longer exist. I pointed the links to the new libraries and it worked. :)

Now, it's complaining that there is no config file in my .vegastrike directory... Fortunately, I know how to fix that.

Thank you!
VGSailor
Hunter
Hunter

Post by VGSailor »

Okay, it seems to want to run now, but it can't find the data directory. How do I specify the data directory in the config file?
I don't see any entries in the file for that, and I don't know the syntax or where in the file it should go.

Thank you!
VGSailor
Hunter
Hunter

Post by VGSailor »

Okay, I figured out how to send the data directory via the -D command line switch. Now, when I run vegastrike, I get a cool-looking screen that talks about one of the planets or races, I guess, and it shows a rapidly-changing list of loading files at the bottom of the screen for a few seconds, and then it dumps me back out with the following errors:

Fragment Program Error: Failed to compile fixed
Compilation of technique fixed failed... trying fixed5
Cause: Error compiling program vp:"fixed8" fp:"fixed"
Error code invalid operation
Fragment Program Error: Failed to compile fixed
Compilation of technique fixed5 failed... trying fixedgl
Cause: Error compiling program vp:"fixed5" fp:"fixed"
Compilation of technique fixedgl successful
Fragment Program Error: Failed to compile zwrite
Compilation of technique default failed... trying ../4_ps2.0/default
Cause: Error compiling program vp:"zwrite" fp:"zwrite"
Compilation of technique ../4_ps2.0/default failed... trying ../4_ps2.0/default
terminate called after throwing an instance of '__impl::InvalidParameters'
  what():  Could not compile any technique for "../4_ps2.0/default"
Aborted
Any ideas?

Thank you!
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

That's weird. It's complaining about the shaders, the weird thing is that it should fall back to no shaders if it can't compile them.

Anyway, launch vssetup, and select no shaders. That should fix that.
Wing Commander Universe
VGSailor
Hunter
Hunter

Post by VGSailor »

I did that, and now I can play the game...almost.

I can move about on worlds/bases, and I can pilot the ship in space, but it still crashes with those same errors every time I try to travel through a jump gate.

As I said, I have run vssetup and selected "No Shader Support." I re-ran vssetup and it still shows that that is the current setting.

So, what next?

Thank you!
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

go ahead and post the stderr and stdout files. Maybe there is something in there that will tell us what the issue is.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Also... which sources and which data pack did you get and from where?

Maybe you've got a mismatch between source and data?
Wing Commander Universe
VGSailor
Hunter
Hunter

Post by VGSailor »

go ahead and post the stderr and stdout files. Maybe there is something in there that will tell us what the issue is.
Where would I find those files? Or do I have to run the game in some kind of debug mode to generate them?
Also... which sources and which data pack did you get and from where?

Maybe you've got a mismatch between source and data?
For the data, extra and speech, I am using the following files from the /repositories/home:/klaussfreire/DISCONTINUED_openSUSE_11.1_standard/noarch directory linked to by the VegaStrike Forums Announcement.

vegastrike-data-0.5.1.r1-19.1.noarch.rpm
vegastrike-extra-0.5.1.r1-8.1.noarch.rpm
vegastrike-speech-0.5.1.r1-9.2.noarch.rpm

And for the source code to compile the engine I used vegastrike-src-0.5.1.r1.tar.bz2 which is the one linked to directly from http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/getfiles/

I did realize that the jump gate error is slightly different from the one I was having before:

Launching bases for Crucible/Stirling
Fragment Program Error: Failed to compile zwrite
Compilation of technique highend failed... trying ../4_ps2.0/default
Compilation of technique ../4_ps2.0/default failed... trying ../4_ps2.0/default
Assumed exit on unit Diplomatic_Center(if not quitting, report error)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/share/vegastrike/modules/missions/privateer.py", line 34, in Execute
    i.Execute()
  File "/usr/local/share/vegastrike/modules/random_encounters.py", line 299, in Execute
    un = self.decideMode ()
  File "/usr/local/share/vegastrike/modules/random_encounters.py", line 267, in decideMode
    if (self.DifferentSystemP()):
  File "/usr/local/share/vegastrike/modules/random_encounters.py", line 283, in DifferentSystemP
    self.NewSystemHousekeeping(self.cur.lastsys,cursys)
  File "/usr/local/share/vegastrike/modules/random_encounters.py", line 78, in NewSystemHousekeeping
    fg_util.launchBases(newsystem)
  File "/usr/local/share/vegastrike/modules/fg_util.py", line 659, in launchBases
    launchBase(fg[0],fg[1],fac,sys,sig_units,shipcount)
  File "/usr/local/share/vegastrike/modules/fg_util.py", line 643, in launchBase
    launchSingleBase (type,faction,sig_units[which])
  File "/usr/local/share/vegastrike/modules/fg_util.py", line 614, in launchSingleBase
    launchBaseOrbit (type,faction,sig.Position(),radpct,speed,sig)
  File "/usr/local/share/vegastrike/modules/fg_util.py", line 595, in launchBaseOrbit
    bas=VS.launch("Base",type,faction,"unit","default",1,1,Vector.Add(loc,R),'')
RuntimeError: Could not compile any technique for "../4_ps2.0/default"
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::python::error_already_set'
Aborted
Thanks again!
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

I think it's a bug on the dataset that has been fixed in SVN, that even if you set no shader, still uses some shaders for some units (those having glossy glass windows).

If you're not too kin on downloading everything again from SVN (and rebuilding), try applying the changes in this commit. That should fix it.
Wing Commander Universe
VGSailor
Hunter
Hunter

Post by VGSailor »

Okay. So, do I just download those files and then put them into my data directory, replacing the versions of the files that are already there? Is that how that works? I've never done a commit before...
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

That should be how it works. Maybe now you can play w/o crashing :)
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
VGSailor
Hunter
Hunter

Post by VGSailor »

klauss wrote:If you're not too kin on downloading everything again from SVN (and rebuilding), try applying the changes in this commit. That should fix it.
No, it didn't. It appears that most of the files I had in my data directory already included the updates posted on that commit. I didn't realize it until I got to the the last few where only some of the file had changed, but they already had the code as indicated in the post. Since I totally replaced the first few files, I don't know if they were already the updated versions or not, but, in any case, it's still broken. Same error, same trigger. :(

Now, the last error that seems to cause the termination references boost and python. I think that was another library I had to install to get Vega Strike ready to play. Is it possible something might be wrong with that?
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Boost has nothing to do with it. The really important part is:

File "/usr/local/share/vegastrike/modules/fg_util.py", line 595, in launchBaseOrbit
    bas=VS.launch("Base",type,faction,"unit","default",1,1,Vector.Add(loc,R),'')
RuntimeError: Could not compile any technique for "../4_ps2.0/default"
Now, I wish I knew which base type it's trying to launch. That base must be referencing a shader that has no fixed function fallback.

Question. To which system are you trying to jump to? Does it happen with all jumps, or only that system? Can you attach your .system file for that system? (it should be in ~/.vegastrike/Sectors)

Also, can you attach your savegame? (it should contain a reference to the offending base)
Wing Commander Universe
VGSailor
Hunter
Hunter

Post by VGSailor »

Actually, no. There are some systems I can successfully jump to - Everett is one..I think Enyo might be another. The one that I've been using to consistently test for the error is Stirling, but I know that there are others I've tried to jump to which also cause it to crash.

I can't find a Stirling.system file anywhere, but since Stirling appears to be in the Crucible sector, I'm giving you the only system file in the Crucible directory...

<system name="Cephid_17" background="backgrounds/green" nearstars="500" stars="1000" starspread="150" scalesystem="1000">
<Light>
	<ambient red="0.05" green="0.05" blue="0.05"/>
	<diffuse red="0.87" green="0.85" blue="0.76"/>
	<specular red="0.25" green="0.25" blue="0.20"/>
</Light>
<Light>
	<ambient red="0.05" green="0.05" blue="0.05"/>
	<diffuse red="0.86" green="0.45" blue="0.34"/>
	<specular red="0.2" green="0.2" blue="0.15"/>
</Light>

<Asteroid name="" file="AFieldJumpThin" ri="0.0" rj="0.0" rk="0.0" si="0.0" sj="0.0" sk="0.0" x="-81750376.0" y="-30150176.0" z="-70781912.0"  />

<Planet name="JumpTo17-ar" file="jump.texture" ri="0.0" rj="0.0" rk="0.0" si="0.0" sj="0.0" sk="0.0" radius="2.0" x="-81750376.0" y="-30150176.0" z="-70781912.0" alpha="ONE ONE" destination="Crucible/17-ar" faction="klkk"  >
</Planet>

<Planet name="Cephid_17 A" file="stars/white_star.texture" ri="0.000000" rj="0.0" rk="0.0" si="0.0" sj="0.0" sk="0.0" radius="746000.0" x="0" y="0" z="0"  Red="0.95" Green="0.93" Blue="0.64" ReflectNoLight="true" light="0">
	<Planet name="Atlantis" 
            file="planets/ocean.texture|planets/ocean_specular.texture|planets/earth/earth_clouds.texture" 
            technique="earth"
            unit="ocean"
            ri="120000000" rj="-8436.0" rk="-110000000" si="-120000000.0" sj="-150000.0" sk="110000000.0" 
            radius="5000.0" 
            x="120000000" y="-10000" z="-110000000" year= "8000000000" day="80000"
            Red="0" Green="0" Blue="0" 
            DRed="0.87" DGreen="0.87" DBlue="0.87" 
            SRed="0.85" SGreen="0.85" SBlue="0.85" >
	<Planet name="Phillies" file="planets/rock.texture" ri="-468434.7" rj="-361541" rk="433559.750000" si="-412172.000000" sj="300463.5" sk="-498163.5" radius="1661.98062500" x="-468434" y="-361541" z="433559" year="80000000" day="498000.276794"  >
	</Planet>
	<Planet name="JumpToEnyo" file="jump.texture" ri="234340.000000" rj="103060.007812" rk="920958.875000" si="471364.750000" sj="-517154.250000" sk="-62067.574219" radius="0.95771751" x="-1312920.250000" y="-717132.625000" z="1060315.625000" year= "80000000.750000" day="303.621857" alpha="ONE ONE" destination="Crucible/Enyo" faction="klkk"  >
	</Planet>
	<Planet name="JumpToCardell" file="jump.texture" ri="-254216.593750" rj="-423678.437500" rk="-372411.875000" si="-455824.562500" sj="479803.437500" sk="-234697.656250" radius="1.30477371" x="997000.562500" y="-455441.750000" z="753232.687500" year= "80000000.5" day="761.770081" alpha="ONE ONE" destination="Crucible/Cardell" faction="klkk"  >
	</Planet>
	<Unit name="Ataraxia" file="Fighter_Barracks" rj="-40000.593750" ri="-42.437500" rk="-47000.875000" sj="40000.562500" sk="47000" si="42" radius="130.477371"  x="-42" y="-40000" z="-47000" year= "4381063.5" day="761" faction="klkk"  >
	</Unit>
	</Planet>

<Planet name="JumpToOldziey" file="jump.texture" ri="141807924.0" rj="43125792.0" rk="10400903.0" si="-3642116.5" sj="-5128123.0" sk="-141807924.0" radius="2.63800079"  year= "7057770400.0" day="536.628845" alpha="ONE ONE" destination="Crucible/Oldziey" faction="klkk"  >
		<Unit name="Plainfield" file="Relay" ri="25000" rj="25000" rk="0.0" si="-26000" sj="-24000" sk="0.00" x="25000" y="25000" z="0.0" year= "8000000" faction="klkk">
		</Unit>
	</Planet>

<Planet name="JumpToEverett" file="jump.texture" ri="-20080682.0" rj="42690276.0" rk="157634672.0" si="72114176.0" sj="-61331199.0" sk="-96111560.0" radius="3.11738037"  year= "7778511200.0" day="431.547974" alpha="ONE ONE" destination="Crucible/Everett" faction="klkk"  >
	</Planet>

<Planet name="JumpToStirling" file="jump.texture" ri="-182282287.0" rj="-15947974.0" rk="-23532624.0" si="-31423934.0" sj="94449516.0" sk="-168381.671875" radius="2.10078888" x="77007976.0" y="-28267140.0" z="-51236048.0" year= "3688542800.0" day="212.563385" alpha="ONE ONE" destination="Crucible/Stirling" faction="klkk"  >
	</Planet>

<Planet name="Cephid_17 B" file="stars/red_star.texture" ri="0.0" rj="7500000000.0" rk="1500000000.0" si="-1500000000.0" sj="0.0" sk="0.0" radius="102620.0" x="0" y="0" z="0"  Red="0.950000" Green="0.207289" Blue="0.119170" ReflectNoLight="true" light="1">
		<Planet name="Wiley" file="planets/molten.texture" ri="-65226760.0" rj="19793218.000000" rk="30020006." si="23492010.0" sj="-254089232.0" sk="-116486856.0" radius="3564.39250000" year= "9138671360.0" day="721.044067"  >
			<Unit name="Serenity" file="MiningBase" rj="-25421.593750" ri="-22367.437500" rk="-27241.875000" sj="-25582.562500" sk="27980.437500" si="-23469.656250" radius="130.477371" x="997000.562500" y="-455441.750000" z="753232.687500" year= "93000000.5" day="761.770081" faction="klkk"  >
		</Unit>
		</Planet>
		<Planet name="Broadway" file="sol/ganymede.texture|planets/rock.texture" ri="30215382.0" rj="18258252.0" rk="-30780302.0" si="-52761992.0" sj="-133019048.0" sk="-130697848.0" radius="4305.06218750" x="-37981648.0" y="187513920.0" z="42497932.0" year= "7862598400.0" day="652.678345"  >
		</Planet>
	</Planet>

</Planet>
</system>
Okay, the savegame files are 8 Megabytes. Which part of it would you need to see? And from which file? Since I've never succesfully travelled to those sectors, I have never saved the game there.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

It's hard to explain. There's a universe database embedded in the savegame, and inside it one can find which bases have been dynamically generated in which system. But I can't easily point it out, because it's one record within those 8MB. You should zip it (it compresses very well), and attach somewhere (here if possible, a file locker somewhere else, whatever).
Wing Commander Universe
VGSailor
Hunter
Hunter

Post by VGSailor »

Okay, here is the BZipped version of my Autosave file, which I've noticed it updates every time I save a file, so I'm guessing that whatever you need is probably in there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Ok, for the record (cuz I'm not at home), this is what Stirling contains, base-wise:

28 FG:Base_Crucible/Stirling|1521 1 917 Crucible/Stirling1 08 Refinery1 31 317 Diplomatic_Center1 11 112 Starfortress1 11 17 Outpost1 21 210 MiningBase1 11 15 Relay1 11 1
So... gotta inspect those models.
Wing Commander Universe
VGSailor
Hunter
Hunter

Post by VGSailor »

If it helps, I went back and reminded myself of which systems I can visit and which cause it to crash:
  • BAD
  • Exile
  • Stirling
  • Pandey
  • Good
  • Everett
  • Enyo
  • Elohim
  • Cepheid 17
I haven't tried to visit any systems other than these yet. Hope it helps!
VGSailor
Hunter
Hunter

Post by VGSailor »

klauss wrote:So... gotta inspect those models.
Was this something I was supposed to do? Or is this something that you had to check?

It's still crashing me out. I would say about one out of every three jump gates is bad. Same error each time.

Let me know what to do. Thanks!