Keybindings volatile

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
dsntho
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Keybindings volatile

Post by dsntho »

Hi all, I've just started playing 0.5.1.r1 on Ubuntu 12.10. There's a particularly annoying bug (feature?) where the standard keybinding just changes seemingly without provocation. For example, the \ key, instead of setting forward velocity to max, pauses the game. The pause key detonates my ship. D seems to do nothing, and I haven't found where the dock button has moved itself to. a and A seem equivilent in function at the moment, just turning SPEC on and off with no autopilot control. Other throttle controls and afterburner seem unaffected. It was tolerable when I could solve the problem by quitting and reloading, but now it seems that whenever I load the keybinds are broken.

These are the changes I've noticed, being the keys that I've found myself using a lot in the first half hour of gameplay. Any idea what's going on anyone?
dsntho
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Re: Keybindings volatile

Post by dsntho »

I found the issue: the capslock key. This didn't occur to me before as it's never been an issue in other games, and I wouldn't have expected it to affect bindings like the |\ key. Is this shift-mode interface with duplicated controls deliberate, or is it a bug?
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

Shift is supposed to be like this, it's used for placing all the direct/reverse action pairs of shortcuts together. Caps Lock, probably not - it's just the input method.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

dsntho wrote:I found the issue: the capslock key. This didn't occur to me before as it's never been an issue in other games, and I wouldn't have expected it to affect bindings like the |\ key. Is this shift-mode interface with duplicated controls deliberate, or is it a bug?
Please open a ticket in the issue tracker. It's an artifact of how we use SDL for input, and it might be easily fixable, but I currently have no time. If you open a ticket, I can go and look into it when I do have the time.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe