Mint 13- cannot call constructor ‘VSFileSystem

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
TheBigH
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Mint 13- cannot call constructor ‘VSFileSystem

Post by TheBigH »

Hi all,
I am trying to install Vegastrike from source. I am running Mint 13. I got through the configuration stage without any problems, but running "make" gives me the following error:

Code: Select all

$ make 
In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.6/ext/hash_map:61:0,
                 from ./src/gnuhash.h:21,
                 from ./src/hashtable.h:25,
                 from ./src/xml_support.h:9,
                 from ./src/configxml.h:31,
                 from ./src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_clientstate.h:28,
                 from ./src/networking/lowlevel/netbuffer.h:9,
                 from src/networking/lowlevel/netbuffer.cpp:2:
/usr/include/c++/4.6/backward/backward_warning.h:33:2: warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header which may be removed without further notice at a future date. Please use a non-deprecated interface with equivalent functionality instead. For a listing of replacement headers and interfaces, consult the file backward_warning.h. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated. [-Wcpp]
In file included from ./src/easydom.h:35:0,
                 from ./src/configxml.h:32,
                 from ./src/networking/lowlevel/vsnet_clientstate.h:28,
                 from ./src/networking/lowlevel/netbuffer.h:9,
                 from src/networking/lowlevel/netbuffer.cpp:2:
./src/vsfilesystem.h: In constructor ‘VSFileSystem::VSFile::VSFile(const string&, VSFileSystem::VSFileType)’:
./src/vsfilesystem.h:297:105: error: cannot call constructor ‘VSFileSystem::VSFile::VSFile’ directly [-fpermissive]
./src/vsfilesystem.h:297:105: error:   for a function-style cast, remove the redundant ‘::VSFile’ [-fpermissive]
make[1]: *** [src/networking/lowlevel/netbuffer.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
How do I fix this problem?

Thanks.

(edit)- uploading config.log. Not sure if needed, but anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Mint 13- cannot call constructor ‘VSFileSystem

Post by klauss »

The fact that you have a config.log tells me you're using an old source tarball. Which exactly?

You might want to try trunk. It has many fixes regarding modern compilers and their sudden pedantness.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
TheBigH
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Re: Mint 13- cannot call constructor ‘VSFileSystem

Post by TheBigH »

I followed the instructions and links provided here, so I guess it was version 5.0.

But that's OK I've figured it out now. I figured out how to add the Ubuntu 12.04 repo, and it works on my machine so I am good to go. Now I just need to figure out how to actually play. :)

Cheers.