Propose Rlaan ship AIDI [NEEDS INTEGRATION]

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Propose Rlaan ship AIDI [NEEDS INTEGRATION]

Post by Fendorin »

hello i have this ship from long time then i just finish the texturing is a civilian-nothing-special ship: the AIDI

"Nearly unchanged in design over centuries of use, this simple passenger transport (primarily used for in-system only traffic) is exactly that - simple, and a passenger transport. Some designs have no need of frequent revisting because they are already well adapted to their utilization. Comfortable, if not spacious, accomodating to multiple atmosphere requirements, and completley innocuous, these ships bustle about every populous Rlaan presence."
picked from the Wiki

i tryed to render a old "wings/flap/radiator/manipulator...etc" more old like a first"release" type/version.

see the picture below for critics you are welcome:

ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Re: Propose Rlaan ship AIDI

Post by ace123 »

Must have missed this thread.

Looks really good for a rlaan civilian ship.

Should this go into SVN?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Not without some discussion :wink: I seen it early but did not comment then should have as it seems to have gotten forgotten :(

It is a needed model as there are no Rlaan civilian ships ATM and i think it fits the concept but we have no comment from the minister of information.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

As soon as this gets in it will be the best looking Rlaan ship in the game. Really interesting red specular texture pattern blending with the purple diffuse of the fins.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

i m not sure if this ship will be accepted by JAcks, but because is really canonn and little bit simple civilian i post the mesh+the map+the masters map file+the blend file with the marker.
Rlaan space need more civilian "decor" ships

miss th hud picture and the stats (but maybe copy the Sartre stats?)
DivShare File - AIDI_V1.zip
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

Per Email PM Jacks comments the ship artwork over
Rlaan Aidi - :) :) :) :) :) Beautiful! Excellent work as always!
i should post a pack with all content (means shield mesh+missing map and maybe LOD)
And maybe BFXM file and unit.cvs but this one are more than less sure!!!! :?

Thanks
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

loki1950 wrote:It is a needed model as there are no Rlaan civilian ships ATM
Given the Rlaan biological distinction between worker and warrior, we definitely need civilians ships and this one fits the Rlaan style very well.
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

here the source package

and a tentative to throught by mesher via UC.but it didn't work
DivShare File - AIDI_V2.zip

Thanks
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Re: Propose Rlaan ship AIDI [NEEDS INTEGRATION]

Post by pheonixstorm »

We need specs for this craft so it can be added. Size, mass, speed, etc...
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

Hi

Maybe the Specification of this ship may be close to the "Plowshare" space ship
less cargo space, a bit quicker, stronger hull, ?? (must be "iconic" Rlaan civilian ship)

for the size it must be bigger than a rlaan bomber .

unfortunetly i didn't remenber all specs of all ship ....
there is not "rules or standard chart specs made by contributor in order to compare/cross Specs for give accurate information?
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

The wiki has several civilian rlaan ships that are not yet implemented...cargo lighters, shuttles, passenger liners, etc.
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Sadly the wiki is horribly lacking on a great many details for the ships listed, even the completed ones...

Thanks for the information though Fendorin, that helps :)
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Ran it through xNormal to try and get a prt bake (didn't completely follow the directions) but here are the results.

Didn't take as long as I thought either, but that was on a 1024 setting (which is what the rest o the textures are on anyway).

This ship is almost ready to be added in just need to make sure its all put together correctly for the bfxm then tweak the units.csv for the stats.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

That PRT is broken, because it uses overlapping unwrapping - ie, it reuses texture areas for different triangles.

Just for those cases, I've been thinking about adding support for more than one unwrapping - one texture coordinate set for diffuse, spec, etc, and another for bakings (ambient occlusion, prt).
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Well, whatever works :) I didn't expect it to work right anyways, just a test to see how hard the AO/PRT bakes were as I was reading up on it I kept seeing references to baking taking several days, so didn't know how outdated that timeframe was. In any event though, xNormal is fairly easy to use so we can always test bake whatever we want :)
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

xNormal is very thread friendly ATM though I have a few that chuck put in the PU repo that took a few hours on my rig.But as klauss says the unwrap is critical,and not that trivial a process even for experienced blenderheads.

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

I most definitely am NOT an experienced blenderhead, but I am a novice gmaxian :lol:
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Here are the ingame screenshots of the Aidi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

After looking at the images more carefully I have no idea why the spec map is so overpowering on the image.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Just grabbed the Aidi from the masters repo I will have a look at the unwrap and see if I can tweak it.

pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

the zip includes the master texture file in psd format thankfully, but so does the ct3000 which is the next model I am working on getting ready to view and provide in-game shots of.