Unable to buy replacement Franklin Pds

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
AVBJim
Merchant
Merchant

Unable to buy replacement Franklin Pds

Post by AVBJim »

The turrets, Franklin Pds, on my Franklin got destroyed fighting. I found some cap ships that have the pds for sale, however, I am unable to purchase them. I have credits to buy them but they are shaded as not available for sale. The shading is light red (usual when funds are not available) not the darker red (unavailable because you have them already). They are white if I am in a Llama, which doesn't have a turret. If I purchase them on the Llama or other non turret ship, it gives the message "your ship does not have turrets" or similar message.

Is this a bug in the sale or is there something else going on that I don't understand? It would be nice to replace the pds without having to purchase a whole new ship.
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Re: Unable to buy replacement Franklin Pds

Post by TBeholder »

Turrets destroyed with slots is a known bug. :(
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
AVBJim
Merchant
Merchant

Post by AVBJim »

After looking through the bug reports, this appears to be the same bug as id: 1819043 Win 0.5.0-Beta Franklin lacks sub-units for franklin turrets Closed 2007-10-24 nobody thadeausmaximus Fixed 3 . The write up post by jacks "should be fixed in SVN rev >= 11714", sf-robot "This Tracker item was closed automatically by the system. It was previously set to a Pending status, and the original submitter did not respond within 14 days (the time period specified by the administrator of this Tracker)." Apparently it has returned.

VS SVN Version 13191 April 26, 2011 14:56.

My system:
Hardware: Nvidia chipset, AMD Phenom II X4 processor 3.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, NVidia 8500 GT video card with 512MB video ram PCI-E 16x, Sound Blaster X-FI and Internal sound, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro (USB).
Software/OS: Ubuntu 10.10 AMD-64, Kernel 2.6.35-28-generic, GNOME 2.32.0, using NVIDIA UNIX x86_64 Kernel Module 260.19.06 Mon Sep 13 04:29:19 PDT 2010 video driver, ALSA 1.0.23+dfsg-1ubuntu4 sound driver and xserver-xorg-input-joystick version 1:1.5.0-4build2 joystick driver,
AVBJim
Merchant
Merchant

Post by AVBJim »

Turbo Beholder wrote:Turrets destroyed with slots is a known bug. :(
Thank you.

I was typing out my previous post at the time you posted. Any Idea what files to look into to fix this?
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

AVBJim wrote:
Turbo Beholder wrote:Turrets destroyed with slots is a known bug. :(
Thank you.

I was typing out my previous post at the time you posted. Any Idea what files to look into to fix this?
It may be an engine bug, so maybe the files that implement the installment of ship upgrades need revising.

But most probably it's just a dataset bug, so it's checking units.csv to see what makes the franklin fail when others don't.

In any case, if you experience the bug on a recent VS version (SVN HEAD or 0.5.1 beta), I guess the issue should be reopened with as many extra details as possible.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

AVBJim wrote:Any Idea what files to look into to fix this?
I'd say the best solution would be "unified equipment slots". There were some talks about support for Wing Commander style damage/repair system, and so on. It's one of those long overdue, but too big to do quickly things. Like AI. :(
klauss wrote:But most probably it's just a dataset bug, so it's checking units.csv to see what makes the franklin fail when others don't.
In any case, if you experience the bug on a recent VS version (SVN HEAD or 0.5.1 beta), I guess the issue should be reopened with as many extra details as possible.
It's not specific. Does the same on the other ships, such as Kierkegaard.
The same old "turrets destroyed forever". Remains from... probably, the last attempt to fix buggy "destroyed_blank" solution.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
Benison
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Benison »

guess thats couse turrets are handled as "units" themselfes (at least they count as a "kill" in your info screen), and the system messes up the respawn uppon repair, if theres any logic to handle this included at all.
i dont have any clue about programming, but i think its sure to say, that the part of the code responsible for replacing those destroyed units doesent handle them properly.
maybe this can even be done with few effort, wich would be kinda cool, considering that the franklin is an awsome ship(if not the best at all) to just fly around and explore the universe, wich often involves combat and destroyed equipment. ~~