Halo Ships anyone?

For collaboration on developing the mod capabilities of VS; request new features, report bugs, or suggest improvements

Moderator: Mod Contributor

ZodiacDragon84
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Halo Ships anyone?

Post by ZodiacDragon84 »

I think it would be neat to have the spacecraft from the Halo series as purchasable spacecraft In VS. Covenant ships could fall under Aera Jurisdiction, and UNSC vessels could fall under the human faction. any ideas on this?
Gungnir
Mercenary
Mercenary

Re: Halo Ships anyone?

Post by Gungnir »

I doubt MS would let it be in the full game (VS does have a version that you buy on CD), but you could always make a third-party mod :P. I think a Covie Super-carrier would make a nice addition to my fleet :twisted:.
~Gungnir
segfault wrote:if I was actually in space I'd totally be throwing on autopilot and relaxing in the back during the trip, sipping space wine and listening (rlaan?) jazz.
Rig: i5 2500k @ 5ghz, 2x OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD boot drives, AMD Radeon HD 7950 @ 1100/1575 (Catalyst 12.1 Linux and 12.3 Windows), dual-boot Fedora 16 KDE and Windows 7 Pro
ZodiacDragon84
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by ZodiacDragon84 »

O yah. I was thinking I wouldn't mind having "truth and Reconciliation" in my fleet. As well as "Spirit of Fire"
ZodiacDragon84
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by ZodiacDragon84 »

Now, if we could just free up some of them boys down at bungie and ensemble studios from whatever tedious (lol) task they are working on to help out with the VS project
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Even interning a bunch from one of the game design universities would help :lol:
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
ZodiacDragon84
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by ZodiacDragon84 »

Hmmm...can we see about making that happen maybe? Lemme see what I can do :twisted: :o
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

Maybe the devs here should contemplate an application for VS to Google Summer of Code 2011.
Free Gamer - free software games compendium and commentary!
FreeGameDev forum - open source game development community
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

charlieg wrote:Maybe the devs here should contemplate an application for VS to Google Summer of Code 2011.
Do you think the student participants would be able to work with VS' strangely organized code in it's current state?
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Enough to redesign it correctly maybe ;) Or at least get it better organized. What kind of coding experience did the original devs have anyway??
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

I mean, there's all kinds of tasks that could be undertaken by GSoC students that could benefit the project - everything from overhauling builds (e.g. cmake improvements) to documenting and improving (UnitConverter) to feature enhancements (work with strook on seamless planetary flight or improvements to the dynamic universe).
breese
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by breese »

pheonixstorm wrote:Enough to redesign it correctly maybe ;) Or at least get it better organized.
I would not mind improving the engine code.

Apart from my radar refactoring patch, which has been hanging in limbo for over a month, I have made many more improvements (for instance, better targetting and docking boxes), but as long as there is no way to have them committed to SVN, I am not even going to bother submitting them.

The first step is to make sure that VS has active administrators.
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

There is a way to get them committed, phoenixstorm and klauss have access.

However, yes, admin tasks need to be manageable. Somebody should contact daniel (hellcatv) or ace123.
breese
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by breese »

charlieg wrote:There is a way to get them committed, phoenixstorm and klauss have access.
That way does not work. Klauss has been stalling my patch for over a month.

The radar patch is submitted as ID 3094088 in the bug tracker in case phoenixstorm wish to take over.
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

Well phoenixstorm has his own branch, so why not?
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

breese wrote:I would not mind improving the engine code.

Apart from my radar refactoring patch, which has been hanging in limbo for over a month, I have made many more improvements (for instance, better targetting and docking boxes), but as long as there is no way to have them committed to SVN, I am not even going to bother submitting them.

The first step is to make sure that VS has active administrators.
Post whatever you have and I will add it to my branch for testing. Anyone know what happened to klauss anyway? I know chuck is still in limbo trying to get his comp up but havent seen anything about why klauss is mia
breese
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by breese »

pheonixstorm wrote:Post whatever you have and I will add it to my branch for testing.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=de ... tid=119507
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Ok, I should have it up and integrated into my branch in the next day or so. Still trying to solve my link errors for the new vs project file for VC9 (check compile section if you think you cana help)