Compiling with Code::Blocks, part deux

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Re: Compiling with Code::Blocks, part deux

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Depends on taste. To me any reddening of the screen is a bug, except in flight simulators if you push the stick and you get 2 or 3 G's of inverted gravity, and your eyes get blood-shot. There it makes sense. In a space-ship, reddening from getting shot doesn't make sense.
But if you're speaking of whether it was intentional, I think the intended behavior was the way it worked before, where you get a momentary reddening; but what we observe now is a "sticky" reddening.
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by shenle »

I was joking of course. I know it's a bug. At least, it shouldn't stay on after you dock and get a full repair. And presumably medical treatment. :)
make me a sandwich
make: *** No rule to make target 'me'. Stop.
Mets
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Mets »

shenle wrote:My last successful compile on Windows was of revision 12763 on 4/18/2010

(OTOH on Linux it compiles - last successful compile today - but the binary won't run correctly)
I tried compiling this version, which you mentioned in the other thread that you got working, with MSVC++ Express 2010, to see how it would fare, and I get four missing files that I do not see in svn:

Code: Select all

fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_bsp.cpp': No such file or directory

fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\vegastrike\src\gfx\bounding_box.cpp': No such file or directory

fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\vegastrike\src\gfx\bsp.cpp': No such file or directory

fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\vegastrike\src\gui\general.cpp': No such file or directory
Only thing I see is here, http://vegastrike.wcjunction.com/trac/b ... ?rev=12746, from klauss on r12746, where it looks like the file was still part of trunk. I just chose to exclude them from the build for now...

Did you encounter this error, and if so, how did you fix it?
Mets
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Mets »

shenle wrote:Update 1: because of changes introduced in r12731, for the project to finish linking you must remove the following files (in the left panel):
src/cmd/unit_bsp.cpp
src/gfx/bsp.cpp
src/gfx/bounding_box.cpp

Otherwise the linker will complain about them missing.

Attached find the project vegastrike.cbp that compiles revision 12735 (put it in folder vega-vc7).
Didn't see this post, thanks.
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by shenle »

Reviving this, since it looks like cmake on Windows is a no-go so far.

Redoing the code::blocks project for now. Since so many files have changed/deleted/added, I just did a recursive add of all the new files under src. trying to compile I get:

SharedPool.cpp
d:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vegastrike\src\SharedPool.cpp(5) : error C2086: 'SharedPool<T,RefcounterTraits>::PoolType *SharedPool<T,RefcounterTraits>::ms_singleton' : redefinition
        d:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vegastrike\src\SharedPool.h(21) : see declaration of 'SharedPool<T,RefcounterTraits>::ms_singleton'
d:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vegastrike\src\SharedPool.cpp(18) : error C2995: 'SharedPool<T,RefcounterTraits>::SharedPool(void)' : template function has already been defined
        d:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vegastrike\src\SharedPool.h(37) : see declaration of 'SharedPool<T,RefcounterTraits>::__ctor'
d:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vegastrike\src\SharedPool.cpp(24) : error C2995: 'SharedPool<T,RefcounterTraits>::~SharedPool(void)' : template function has already been defined
        d:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vegastrike\src\SharedPool.h(38) : see declaration of 'SharedPool<T,RefcounterTraits>::~SharedPool'
d:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vegastrike\src\SharedPool.cpp(27) : error C2011: 'SharedPoolInitializer' : 'class' type redefinition
        d:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vegastrike\src\SharedPool.cpp(27) : see declaration of 'SharedPoolInitializer'
d:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vegastrike\src\SharedPool.cpp(31) : error C2086: 'SharedPoolInitializer sharedPoolInitializer' : redefinition
        d:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vegastrike\src\SharedPool.cpp(31) : see declaration of 'sharedPoolInitializer'
Process terminated with status 2 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
5 errors, 0 warnings
make me a sandwich
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Don't add SharedPool.cpp to the project, it ought to be named hpp instead, since it's included from SharedPool.h.

Since SharedPool is a template class, any user needs the implementation, but since it's nice to have implementation apart from interface it was divided in .h / .cpp. But that .cpp needs not be compiled explicitly, it's compiled implicitly every time the .h is included.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by shenle »

Lol I was wondering...

Grrr.

vega-vc7\ffmpeg\include\ffmpeg\libavutil\common.h(154) : error C3861: 'UINT64_C': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
Process terminated with status 2 (0 minutes, 28 seconds)
1 errors, 0 warnings
I should probably replace the default ffmpeg in vega-vc7 with something else.

(edit) I get the same error if I substitute the latest nightly build of ffmpeg.

Also, there's this:

pythonai.cpp
vegastrike\src\cmd\ai\pythonai.h(6) : error C2990: 'PythonAI' : non-template class has already been defined as a template class
        ..\vegastrike\src\python\python_class.h(266) : see declaration of 'PythonAI'
..\vegastrike\src\cmd\ai\pythonai.cpp(19) : error C2955: 'PythonAI' : use of class template requires template argument list
..\vegastrike\src\cmd\ai\pythonai.cpp(19) : error C2955: 'PythonAI' : use of class template requires template argument list
..\vegastrike\src\cmd\ai\pythonai.cpp(19) : error C2039: 'last_ai' : is not a member of 'PythonAI'
..\vegastrike\src\cmd\ai\pythonai.cpp(20) : error C2955: 'PythonAI' : use of class template requires template argument list
..\vegastrike\src\cmd\ai\pythonai.cpp(20) : error C2955: 'PythonAI' : use of class template requires template argument list
..\vegastrike\src\cmd\ai\pythonai.cpp(20) : error C2511: 'PythonAI::PythonAI(PyObject *,float,float)' : overloaded member function not found in 'PythonAI'
..\vegastrike\src\cmd\ai\pythonai.cpp(64) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found
make me a sandwich
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Take a look at this:

..\vegastrike\src\cmd\ai\pythonai.cpp(64) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found
That usually is a sign of a major snafu somewhere, like a missing closing brace or something like that.

You should ignore the rest, until you fix that, because the other messages are probably bogus (just the compiler desperately trying to make sense of things).

About the UINT64_C... no idea whatsoever. Ffmpeg usually just works.
Wing Commander Universe
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by shenle »

BTW, here's the output that I get when I try to compile with VS 2010 express:

1>d:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vegastrike\src\cmd/collide2/Stdafx.h(10): warning C4068: unknown pragma
1>d:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vegastrike\src\cmd\collide2\opcodetypes.h(201): error C2371: 'wint_t' : redefinition; different basic types
1>          C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\crtdefs.h(447) : see declaration of 'wint_t'
1>d:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vegastrike\src\cmd\collide2\Stdafx.h(10): warning C4068: unknown pragma
1>d:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vegastrike\src\cmd/collide2/Stdafx.h(10): warning C4068: unknown pragma
1>d:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vegastrike\src\cmd\collide2\opcodetypes.h(201): error C2371: 'wint_t' : redefinition; different basic types
1>          C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\crtdefs.h(447) : see declaration of 'wint_t'
1>  building.cpp
1>d:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vegastrike\src\cmd\collide2\Stdafx.h(10): warning C4068: unknown pragma
1>  collide.cpp
1>D:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vegastrike\src\cmd/collide2/Stdafx.h(10): warning C4068: unknown pragma
1>D:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vegastrike\src\cmd/collide2/Stdafx.h(10): warning C4068: unknown pragma
1>  cont_terrain.cpp
1>  planet.cpp
1>d:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vegastrike\src\cmd\collide2/Stdafx.h(10): warning C4068: unknown pragma
1>  unit_collide.cpp
1>  unit_csv.cpp
1>  unit_factory.cpp
1>d:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vegastrike\src\cmd\collide2/Stdafx.h(10): warning C4068: unknown pragma
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(638): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>          ..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(190): could be 'double stof(const std::string &,double)'
1>          C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\string(622): or       'float std::stof(const std::string &,size_t *)' [found using argument-dependent lookup]
1>          while trying to match the argument list '(const std::string)'
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(639): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>          ..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(190): could be 'double stof(const std::string &,double)'
1>          C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\string(622): or       'float std::stof(const std::string &,size_t *)' [found using argument-dependent lookup]
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(640): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(649): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1010): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1011): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1012): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1013): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1018): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1019): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1020): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1023): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1024): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1025): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1026): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1027): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1028): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1029): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1030): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1031): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1032): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1033): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1183): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1184): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1188): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1193): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1194): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1196): error C2668: 'stoi' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>          ..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(197): could be 'int stoi(const std::string &,int)'
1>          C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\string(537): or       'int std::stoi(const std::string &,size_t *,int)' [found using argument-dependent lookup]
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1203): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1204): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1207): error C2668: 'stoi' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>          ..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(197): could be 'int stoi(const std::string &,int)'
1>          C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\string(537): or       'int std::stoi(const std::string &,size_t *,int)' [found using argument-dependent lookup]
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1208): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1209): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1210): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1216): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>          while trying to match the argument list '(std::string)'
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1217): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1221): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1222): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1226): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1227): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1231): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1232): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1233): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1236): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1236): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1239): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1239): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1240): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1241): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1253): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1264): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1265): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1266): error C2668: 'stoi' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1267): error C2668: 'stoi' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1269): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1275): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1276): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1277): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1278): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1279): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1280): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1281): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1282): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1283): error C2668: 'stoi' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1284): error C2668: 'stoi' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>  unit_functions.cpp
1>  unit_xml.cpp
1>  CSopcodecollider.cpp
1>  OPC_AABBCollider.cpp
1>  OPC_AABBTree.cpp
1>  OPC_BaseModel.cpp
1>  OPC_BoxPruning.cpp
1>  OPC_Collider.cpp
1>  OPC_Common.cpp
1>  OPC_HybridModel.cpp
1>  OPC_LSSCollider.cpp
1>  OPC_MeshInterface.cpp
1>  OPC_Model.cpp
1>  OPC_OBBCollider.cpp
1>  OPC_OptimizedTree.cpp
1>  OPC_Picking.cpp
1>  OPC_PlanesCollider.cpp
1>  OPC_RayCollider.cpp
1>  OPC_SphereCollider.cpp
1>  OPC_SweepAndPrune.cpp
1>  OPC_TreeBuilders.cpp
1>  OPC_TreeCollider.cpp
1>  OPC_VolumeCollider.cpp
1>  opbox.cpp
1>  opmatrix3.cpp
1>  opvector3.cpp
1>  IceAABB.cpp
1>  IceContainer.cpp
1>  IceHPoint.cpp
1>  IceIndexedTriangle.cpp
1>  IceMatrix3x3.cpp
1>  IceMatrix4x4.cpp
1>  IceOBB.cpp
1>  IcePlane.cpp
1>  IcePoint.cpp
1>  IceRandom.cpp
1>  IceRay.cpp
1>  IceRevisitedRadix.cpp
1>  IceSegment.cpp
1>  IceTriangle.cpp
1>  IceUtils.cpp
1>  al_init.cpp
1>  env_map_gent.cpp
1>..\vegastrike\src\gfx\env_map_gent.cpp(273): error C3861: 'snprintf': identifier not found
1>  halo_system.cpp
1>D:\dls\vegastrike\svn\vega-vc8\include\dsound.h(420): warning C4005: 'INTERFACE' : macro redefinition
1>          C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\include\commdlg.h(948) : see previous definition of 'INTERFACE'
1>..\vegastrike\src\aldrv\al_init.cpp(160): error C2664: 'alcOpenDevice' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const char [14]' to 'ALCubyte *'
1>          Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
1>  sprite.cpp
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\utility(163): error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'int' to 'VSSprite *'
1>          Conversion from integral type to pointer type requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
1>          C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\utility(247) : see reference to function template instantiation 'std::_Pair_base<_Ty1,_Ty2>::_Pair_base<_Ty,int>(_Other1 &&,_Other2 &&)' being compiled
1>          with
1>          [
1>              _Ty1=bool,
1>              _Ty2=VSSprite *,
1>              _Ty=bool,
1>              _Other1=bool,
1>              _Other2=int
1>          ]
1>          ..\vegastrike\src\gfx\sprite.cpp(62) : see reference to function template instantiation 'std::pair<_Ty1,_Ty2>::pair<bool,int>(_Other1 &&,_Other2 &&)' being compiled
1>          with
1>          [
1>          ]
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\utility(163): error C2439: 'std::_Pair_base<_Ty1,_Ty2>::second' : member could not be initialized
1>          with
1>          [
1>              _Ty2=VSSprite *
1>          ]
1>          C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\utility(167) : see declaration of 'std::_Pair_base<_Ty1,_Ty2>::second'
1>          with
1>          [
1>          ]
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
make me a sandwich
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

If you take a look in opcodetypes.h, it checks for a list of #defines that several runtimes use to signal their definition of wint_t. You'd have to add whatever define is used by crtdefs.h in VS2010
Wing Commander Universe
Mets
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Mets »

I have to be honest, the game (usually) compiles fine under Visual C++ Express with minimal effort. Maybe we'd be better off tweaking the project files so they're compatible with VC++ 2010 instead of trying to get all of this to work with Code::Blocks. Then the efforts can get back to code development, where we are understaffed.
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by shenle »

klauss wrote:If you take a look in opcodetypes.h, it checks for a list of #defines that several runtimes use to signal their definition of wint_t. You'd have to add whatever define is used by crtdefs.h in VS2010
Changed in opcodetyopes.h:

#ifndef wint_t
    typedef wchar_t wint_t;
#endif
to

#ifndef wint_t
    typedef unsigned short wint_t;
#endif
This allows it to get past that error. Now I have:

galaxy_gen.cpp
1>  unit_csv.cpp
1>..\vegastrike\src\galaxy_gen.cpp(1295): error C3861: 'snprintf': identifier not found
and

vegastrike\src\aldrv\al_init.cpp(160): error C2664: 'alcOpenDevice' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const char [14]' to 'ALCubyte *'
1>          Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
and

vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(638): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
(this last error is repeated about 20-30 times)

and

vegastrike\src\gfx\vsimage.cpp(325): error C3861: 'png_set_expand_gray_1_2_4_to_8': identifier not found
and

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\utility(163): error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'int' to 'VSSprite *'
1>          Conversion from integral type to pointer type requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
1>          C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\utility(247) : see reference to function template instantiation 'std::_Pair_base<_Ty1,_Ty2>::_Pair_base<_Ty,int>(_Other1 &&,_Other2 &&)' being compiled
1>          with
1>          [
1>          ]
1>          ..\vegastrike\src\gfx\sprite.cpp(62) : see reference to function template instantiation 'std::pair<_Ty1,_Ty2>::pair<bool,int>(_Other1 &&,_Other2 &&)' being compiled
1>          with
1>          [
1>          ]
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\utility(163): error C2439: 'std::_Pair_base<_Ty1,_Ty2>::second' : member could not be initialized
1>          with
1>          [
1>          ]
1>          C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\utility(167) : see declaration of 'std::_Pair_base<_Ty1,_Ty2>::second'
1>          with
1>          [
1>          ]
Attached is the whole output from the compiler (VC++ express 2010)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
make me a sandwich
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Both OpenAL and libpng's error are related to old versions of the libraries.

Get a hold of more recent versions please, note that there should be rather recent versions in vega-vc7.

About snprintf, if Code::Blocks doesn't have the function it's garbage ;) - so I guess it must have it, only tucked away in some include VS is not including perhaps? Where is snprintf defined? Find that out and add the proper include where it's needed.
Wing Commander Universe
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by shenle »

klauss wrote: About snprintf, if Code::Blocks doesn't have the function it's garbage ;) - so I guess it must have it, only tucked away in some include VS is not including perhaps? Where is snprintf defined? Find that out and add the proper include where it's needed.
This is not Code::Blocks, but VC++ Express 2010 (C::B is just a GUI anyway)

It looks like in VC++ snprintf is _snprintf() after a quick web search.

Got rid of the snprintf error by adding this:

#ifdef _WIN32
#define snprintf _snprintf
#endif
to each of galaxy_gen.cpp, gl_program.cpp and env_map_gent.cpp
make me a sandwich
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Ok, but that will break other platforms.

You should wrap that between

#if _MSC_VER >= something
#endif
Wing Commander Universe
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by shenle »

klauss wrote:Ok, but that will break other platforms.

You should wrap that between

#if _MSC_VER >= something
#endif
OK I'll make that

#if _MSC_VER >= 1300
#define snprintf _snprintf
#endif
1300 is VC++ 7.0 (afaik VC6.0 had snprintf)

OK, replaced png and OAL libraries.

Now this is what I get:

1>------ Build started: Project: vegastrike, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>  unit_csv.cpp
1>  sprite.cpp
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(638): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(639): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(640): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(649): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1010): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1011): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1012): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1013): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1018): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1019): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1020): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1023): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1024): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1025): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1026): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1027): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1028): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1029): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1030): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1031): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1032): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1033): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1183): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1184): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1188): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1193): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1194): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1196): error C2668: 'stoi' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1203): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1204): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1207): error C2668: 'stoi' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1208): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1209): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1210): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1216): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1217): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1221): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1222): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1226): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1227): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1231): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1232): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1233): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1240): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1241): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1253): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1264): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1265): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1266): error C2668: 'stoi' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1267): error C2668: 'stoi' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1269): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1275): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1276): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1277): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1278): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1279): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1280): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1281): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1282): error C2668: 'stof' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1283): error C2668: 'stoi' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>..\vegastrike\src\cmd\unit_csv.cpp(1284): error C2668: 'stoi' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
1>          with
1>          [
1>          ]
1>          with
1>          [
1>          ]
1>          with
1>          [
1>          ]
1>          with
1>          [
1>          ]
Last edited by shenle on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
make me a sandwich
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

I think if you change the calls to stof by ::stof it will work.
Wing Commander Universe
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by shenle »

klauss wrote:I think if you change the calls to stof by ::stof it will work.
Damn that's a lot of changes :(
make me a sandwich
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by shenle »

OK, finally all I am left with is

1>          with
1>          [
1>          ]
1>          with
1>          [
1>          ]
1>          with
1>          [
1>          ]
1>          with
1>          [
1>          ]
(attached are the files I've modified so far)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
make me a sandwich
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

I bet that last one is a "0" used as null.

Replace it by NULL

BTW: better attach a patch, you can do "svn diff" (or the equivalent in tortoise, create patch).
Wing Commander Universe
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by shenle »

There ya go.
make me a sandwich
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by shenle »

klauss wrote:I bet that last one is a "0" used as null.

Replace it by NULL
I did replace the 0 with null, I still get

1>------ Build started: Project: vegastrike, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>  sprite.cpp
1>          with
1>          [
1>          ]
1>          with
1>          [
1>          ]
1>          with
1>          [
1>          ]
1>          with
1>          [
1>          ]
make me a sandwich
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

:shock:
Should work... :(
Wing Commander Universe
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by shenle »

static std::pair< bool, VSSprite* >cacheLookup( const char *file )
{
    std::string hashName = VSFileSystem::GetHashName( std::string( file ) );
    VSSpriteCache::iterator it = sprite_cache.find( hashName );
    if ( it != sprite_cache.end() )
        return std::pair< bool, VSSprite* > ( true, it->second );
    else
        return std::pair< bool, VSSprite* > ( false, NULL );
}
in sprite.cpp

Still getting the same error (NULL where 0 used to be)
make me a sandwich