Cargo Images [COMMITTED]

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

rivalin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: Cargo Images

Post by rivalin »

Turbo wrote:
rivalin wrote:Spec Capacitor;
It reminds me of "Back to the Future," I like it.
Lol yeah, it was sort of inspired by it, I thought spec capacitor/flux capacitor.

Did another one; fusion injector

files; http://www.box.net/shared/j2y5q6b7ju
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Art Deco lamp anyone :wink: couldn't help myself looks good rivalin.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

ALL the set of picture are Very nice

I don't know who wait for put'them in SVN ????
Because for my is more than approuved for replacement the current one !! :lol:
rivalin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rivalin »

Back again, made another quick one

Pearls;

file:

http://www.box.net/shared/yn7mpj8com

Doesn't look like anyone's thought it's worth the effort to upload the last few I've done, don't know if that's just because the art "director" doesn't give a crap rather than them not being accepted.
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

Nicely done reflections.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

Hi Rivalin your pearl picture is nice
a bit too much blured for my taste...
and less clean than your above picture.

Rivalin Wrote:
Doesn't look like anyone's thought it's worth the effort to upload the last few I've done, don't know if that's just because the art "director" doesn't give a crap rather than them not being accepted.
I don't Know if i understand clearly ! are you bored by the non reply/critics to your previous work?
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

Fendorin wrote: Rivalin Wrote:
I don't Know if i understand clearly ! are you bored by the non reply/critics to your previous work?
jackS hasn't been around since winter, but more relevantly pyramid quit before that, and he was the one who commited most artwork to SVN. That is why there is now a backup of artwork collecting on the forums here. It'll all eventually get added into the game by someone, it's just that that someone hasn't volunteered yet. :D

IMO, this project really needs someone who does just that. Organizes, converts and adds art contributions to the SVN.
MC707
Venturer
Venturer

Post by MC707 »

Deus Siddis wrote:IMO, this project really needs someone who does just that. Organizes, converts and adds art contributions to the SVN.
Agreed.
My Machine: OS: Ubuntu 8.10 (intrepid) 64 bit in a 500GB Maxtor HD @ 7200 RPM, Windows Vista PsyChoses Edition 2009 32 bit in a 500GB Samsung HD @ 7200 RPM CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz GPU: nVidia GeForce 9400 GT @ 1024 MB RAM: 3891 MB
Earthlings|The End of the Internet?|FreeWebsite
rivalin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rivalin »

Fendorin wrote:Hi Rivalin your pearl picture is nice
a bit too much blured for my taste...
and less clean than your above picture.

Rivalin Wrote:
no, I don't need any backslapping, it's just that as said below, the art director hasn't logged on for several months. On most open source projects people have the good grace to stand down when they aren't contributing any more, but it seems that with vega strike some people have decided they have ownership of it in perpetuity, even if that causes the project to slow to a standstill.
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

rivalin wrote:no, I don't need any backslapping, it's just that as said below, the art director hasn't logged on for several months. On most open source projects people have the good grace to stand down when they aren't contributing any more, but it seems that with vega strike some people have decided they have ownership of it in perpetuity, even if that causes the project to slow to a standstill.
That could be an issue, but I'm fairly sure it doesn't affect your work on the cargo images because I think they're already basically approved aren't they?

I think Pyramid gave you the go ahead early on to replace whatever cargo images you wished and if some have already been added to the SVN with no apparent art director commentary, then I'd assume it's good.
rivalin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rivalin »

Deus Siddis wrote:
rivalin wrote:no, I don't need any backslapping, it's just that as said below, the art director hasn't logged on for several months. On most open source projects people have the good grace to stand down when they aren't contributing any more, but it seems that with vega strike some people have decided they have ownership of it in perpetuity, even if that causes the project to slow to a standstill.
That could be an issue, but I'm fairly sure it doesn't affect your work on the cargo images because I think they're already basically approved aren't they?

I think Pyramid gave you the go ahead early on to replace whatever cargo images you wished and if some have already been added to the SVN with no apparent art director commentary, then I'd assume it's good.
I was more talking about the fact that there hasn't been any effort made to replace Pyramid by the person who appointed him, and it's obviously having an effect on the project, more generally look at all the work Fendorin has done with no reply about any of it. Vega Strike is a great project but it's a complete mess.

anyway, thought this might be useful for carbonium or one of the other metals;

http://www.box.net/shared/5pkg3k8xfv
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

That's a beautiful texture on the metal!

Speaking as someone who works with metals now and then, what would be the point of casting the ingots in such a complex shape? Maybe the average person wouldn't think of that, but...
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

I can think of one reason for the shape as it is hexagonal makes it easier to stack for shipping wrap a stack with some straps and no need for a container.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Keller
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Keller »

Except they're not hexagonal longitudinally. The cross-section is still rectangular.

If you were interested in allowing for interlocking ingots which allowed for easier transshipping with a minimum of container fuss, you'd likely want to cast them as thick hexagonal plates (or short hexagonal cylinders) with an indentation on one side and a knob on the other. The hexagons give good horizontal spacial usage, and the indentation/knob arrangement allows them to interlock vertically.
Nothing is uninteresting. ;)
Neskiairti
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Neskiairti »

aye, straight hexagons are good.. these.. are weird.

Only thing I can suppose is that its made that way for some strange loader machine... hell i cant even imagine the casting machine doing those shapes well.. cant extrude them, so you just end up with a very complex cast that would likely get stuck alot

my only guess is to minimize surface contact.. O.o
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

Neskiairti wrote:i cant even imagine the casting machine doing those shapes well.. cant extrude them, so you just end up with a very complex cast that would likely get stuck alot
That is what I was getting at, but not saying clearly enough. Most metal ingots have a trapezoid shape because that shape only takes a one-piece mold. They tend to have rounded corners because of cohesion forces (hot metal will not stick to the relatively cold mold). The ingots pictured above would require a very complex multi-part mold, which would cost more in time and effort, so you would need a good reason to do it.
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.
-REBEL3-
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by -REBEL3- »

I wanted to bump this b/c there's a lot of good content in it, and it will be forgotten otherwise.

Is this still ongoing anyway?

~R3
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

All cargo images by rivalin have been added to the repository.

*EDIT*
Upgrade and weapon images are now added, too.