Call for idea about OX texturing pattern [NEEDS INTEGRATION]

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Call for idea about OX texturing pattern [NEEDS INTEGRATION]

Post by Fendorin »

hello
i Handle the retexturing about the OX but i have no idea and after all i fall in a inspiration-blackhole.
then if you want post your idea about how i can texture the OX you will help me .

I m not happy about the one i did :(not the way/technique more about color and pattern)

Then i launch a call for alls, if you have any idea for changing and do evoluate my style, for this ship it would be cool.(and other too)
Keller
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Call for idea about OX texturing pattern

Post by Keller »

I do actually like the newer one better. If I were a maintenance crew, I'd now know what areas to avoid.
Nothing is uninteresting. ;)
MC707
Venturer
Venturer

Post by MC707 »

Looks very nice in fact! How did you manage to make it more rounded? When I see my Ox closely, it is kinda undetailed and not roundy. :?
My Machine: OS: Ubuntu 8.10 (intrepid) 64 bit in a 500GB Maxtor HD @ 7200 RPM, Windows Vista PsyChoses Edition 2009 32 bit in a 500GB Samsung HD @ 7200 RPM CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz GPU: nVidia GeForce 9400 GT @ 1024 MB RAM: 3891 MB
Earthlings|The End of the Internet?|FreeWebsite
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

the rendering view upper is "false" because it was made with Blender3d but since i try to use mesher for test the texturing and the "model" i never understand this program. or it never work for me .

then the rounded effect come from to blender "set smooth" tools an "edge split" on

and when i got the model the mesh haven't any "cargo pills" then i made it also maybe is not the same mesh.

this ship was think as a bunch of subunit ( i suppose).

For exemple if you study the Vigilance in game you can see the mirroring effect are destroyed by the low poly , i m not a good english reader and not a program/graphic knowlege-man then i didn't understood the Chuckstarchaser's advise about smooth group and the poly count level too, then a lot of ship i did are already oldfashion before i imagine the begining of the first line/mesh.....
But now Klauss give us the new limitation about polycount. and it is very far to the ship i did.
you can see it in the updated wiki
MC707
Venturer
Venturer

Post by MC707 »

that explains my bad looking ox :o Nice models though.
My Machine: OS: Ubuntu 8.10 (intrepid) 64 bit in a 500GB Maxtor HD @ 7200 RPM, Windows Vista PsyChoses Edition 2009 32 bit in a 500GB Samsung HD @ 7200 RPM CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz GPU: nVidia GeForce 9400 GT @ 1024 MB RAM: 3891 MB
Earthlings|The End of the Internet?|FreeWebsite
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

hi i post here all the stuff i have on the OX model:
Feel free to use or not
DivShare File - OX.7z
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Re: Call for idea about OX texturing pattern [NEEDS INTEGRAT

Post by pheonixstorm »

Umm... since this model is several units, does anyone know how to get it into the game?
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Re: Call for idea about OX texturing pattern [NEEDS INTEGRAT

Post by Deus Siddis »

I think you use subunits for this kind of thing. You either assign the subunits in the XMESH syntax or in units.csv.

Should be able to make them independently destructible this way too, IIRC.