LEMMA Unadorned Corvette

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Re: LEMMA Unadorned Corvette

Post by charlieg »

Somebody should give Fendorin svn access already...
Free Gamer - free software games compendium and commentary!
FreeGameDev forum - open source game development community
Nózmájner
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Nózmájner »

Well, no I'm embarassed, because I didn't had the time and inspiration for finishing the Lemma.
I've progressed a bit with it, but not much. Some decals mostly.
The bad thing is that I'm just not sure, when and how much I can work on her in the near future, so if you heavily want to include it in her present state (the mesh is clean, but needs LOD-ing) with the texture sources too, I can upload her somewhere.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Q1 ... directlink

On the positive side, those textures are nice, Fendorin. Those stripes on the nacelles are a bit funky for me, but they don't look bad. They are just a bit too decorative intentions for the unadorned, but that might be just me.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

no need to be embarrased you just follow your inspiration.

And for my part i prefer you work over the Aera concepts & models....no so many aeran's contributor.......

i can finish the Lemma texturation if want. just post the model + the texture sources

1_for fighter the stripe could be not so bad, it's a easy point for recognize/identify the faction owner of the ship.
but the color shemes is linked/consistant with your Lemma texture? no ?

2_ for reply to Deus siddis : about the yellow cockpit : i see it on the Determinant AO texture then i keep it and is nice look .
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

Fendorin wrote:2_ for reply to Deus siddis : about the yellow cockpit : i see it on the Determinant AO texture then i keep it and is nice look .
I'm not sure what you mean, I don't think I've commented on the yellow color of the cockpit or an AO texture.

Did you bake an AO for this model? Because if not then I don't think anyone has made one for it yet.
Nózmájner
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Nózmájner »

OK, I think I will upload her (for at least not get it lost, as Pyramid said, that stuff tend to do that if the author didn't share it)

Stripes are good I think. I've experimented with such stripes for the determinant a while ago. And as far as I can remeber I've made a better UV layout for that craft some weeks after I sent it to Pyramid.

Those yellow cockpits are intended to be something similar to the NASA's EVA suit's sharp light shielding or what, so more reflective than transparent from the outside. Something like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:GPN-2000-001069.jpg
rivalin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rivalin »

Deus Siddis wrote:
Fendorin wrote:2_ for reply to Deus siddis : about the yellow cockpit : i see it on the Determinant AO texture then i keep it and is nice look .
I'm not sure what you mean, I don't think I've commented on the yellow color of the cockpit or an AO texture.

Did you bake an AO for this model? Because if not then I don't think anyone has made one for it yet.
I think he was talking to me (see comment above), anyway yeah, that reflective gold colour would look pretty cool.
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

A cockpit of reflective gold like the space suit would be awesome. But in the picture of the ship above, it is not reflective gold, it is more like high-gloss yellow paint.

Unless the engine can do dynamic reflections, you might try a 20% ambient yellow, 100% diffuse yellow, 150% specular in a lighter yellow, and max smoothness and high brilliance. Exact settings will vary depending on your modeling program. You want it to reflect a lot of direct light, but not a lot of indirect light, to simulate that it is reflecting everything around it (mostly space) with a yellow tint.
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.
Phlogios
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Phlogios »

Unless the engine can do dynamic reflections, you might try a 20% ambient yellow, 100% diffuse yellow, 150% specular in a lighter yellow, and max smoothness and high brilliance.
This would provide an unreal and impossible result -- diff+spec can never be >1.

Try black diffuse, yellow specularity and light-grey shininess - this should give you a good start, as it would look like polished gold. Modify for more accurate results.
"Enjoy the Choice" - A very wise man from Ottawa.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

i thought spec and shininess was handle by a same map!!!

i don't finish understanding maybe....
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

Fendorin wrote:i thought spec and shininess was handle by a same map!!!

i don't finish understanding maybe....
I think they might both be handled by the same map at the moment, but that guess is based mostly on what I have seen from the unit converter content pipeline interface.

Either way, eventually, shininess will be handled separately, by a grayscale map (which will be built into one channel of a texture so that it takes up 1/3 as much space).

Basically, more shininess on part of a ship makes more of the environment map render on that part of the ship, thus making it look more like a mirror or polished surface by showing pseudo-reflections on its surface of all the stars and nebulae around it.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Does anyone have any of the textures for this ship?
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

hi
Which ship are you talking about?
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Both the lemma and the ship you posted textures for. The divshare link is dead.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

got the last worked on copy of the lemma, not its up to someone else to finish it up, clean it up etc. Then we can add this ship in :) Will upload later or email a download link to whoever wants to tackle it
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

Good Work.

Posting the download link here publicly might be best, no need for it to be by request. Did you get the texture file(s) as well?