There's Crude content.

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Re: There's Crude content.

Post by TBeholder »

Pirate92 wrote:Anyway, I can't believe this whole thing turned into a big "Oh it's not that bad" or "there is worse, why is this so bad?" and "They should just be exposed by now anyway."
True. Me neither.
Pirate92 wrote:Now, I am in school as a computer graphics and multimedia professional. I have changed all necessary files and am all good.
This may explain a lot.
Pirate92 wrote:I am Christian, I know the standards I am held to and what my siblings are ready for and not.
The content for which this topic is for is not appropriate for them and that's what I know, no matter how others may perceive my beliefs.
Hmm... High standards are a good thing. I mentioned this above already. But can't remember "Thou shall not mock the Holy Wood" in any of the sourcebooks. Is it one of those last additions?
Pirate92 wrote:So make fun of me, ridicule me, and tell me I'm wrong. But I know my side, and I know what I need to do.
I shall agree with you. :D
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Pirate92 wrote:Paypal donations are pretty easy to add, they give you a "copy/paste" script somewhere, I have seen mine, but haven't had need of it yet, so shouldn't be too hard to find.
I was actually referring to a paypal mod for the forums. Its easy to add but I just need to find the time to get it up and running.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
CaptJack92a
Hunter
Hunter

Post by CaptJack92a »

Oh. Nvm. Why not simply have one on the website? Seems like it would be forgotten or lost in the forums.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Not so. http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com/donate.php thats the page that gets added. A progress bar is *supposed* to be added to the page, but again I haven't added it locally or to the main forum. Trying to organize my files a bit so I can transfer a few gigs off my dev drive onto the network storage drive. Then on to getting a new unit in the game (i hope) etc.

Now the front page http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net does have alittle button that goes to a donations page (which I keep forgetting to change) but like I said its old and still points to ace123's paypal account and we don't see any of that money.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
CaptJack92a
Hunter
Hunter

Post by CaptJack92a »

Oh, I see. It's kinda small and unnoticeable. It being the same color as the page itself can be a danger of making it too hidden. But I was thinking of something totally different than what you have there for the forum so never mind.
CaptJack92a
Hunter
Hunter

Post by CaptJack92a »

Wow... When I look back on how this topic progressed... I was a little Douche! Glad maturity kinda kicked in haha!

And sorry if I ever offended anyone... I don't really feel like reading through the whole thing to see what all I posted though.
travists
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by travists »

TBeholder wrote:
Pirate92 wrote:So make fun of me, ridicule me, and tell me I'm wrong. But I know my side, and I know what I need to do.
I shall agree with you. :D
+1

Some of us just need a push in the right direction. Have a list handy of what you remove?
Pirate92 wrote:Wow... When I look back on how this topic progressed... I was a little Douche! Glad maturity kinda kicked in haha!

That is what forgiveness is for. Besides, while I suspect it is why your early posts were "mocked", it also led to the current point where it is just a matter of developing a list. I also note you are far more articulate. Maturity is a good thing.
greenfreedom10
Hunter
Hunter

Post by greenfreedom10 »

travists wrote:Have a list handy of what you remove?
splash_holovid is probably the most likely to be offensive (IMO).
vickypatel
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Post by vickypatel »

I think the reason you thought they were gone is because the splash screens show up so briefly with our fast texture loading system that they might as well not be there... another reason for removing them.
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

greenfreedom10 wrote:splash_holovid is probably the most likely to be offensive (IMO).
To whom?
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

TBeholder wrote:
greenfreedom10 wrote:splash_holovid is probably the most likely to be offensive (IMO).
To whom?
Lets not rekindle the flame of flamewars?

This matter has been closed a while ago since vssetup has a "censored" option now.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe