Hellcatv's hack for making Secret Ops work with Wine

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

Miramor
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Hellcatv's hack for making Secret Ops work with Wine

Post by Miramor »

I'm trying to get this game to work in Wine and ran up against the "hardware accel doesn't work right" bug. So I looked around and found this, the problem is that the walkthrough linked to doesn't exist anymore. Could someone give me a link to where the data was moved, or tell me what Wine files need to be modified/replaced with what?
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Link fixed :-) Good thing I kept a backup of the project directory.
Miramor
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Miramor »

Thanks... the modified ddraw.dll.so he linked to doesn't exist any more though. Although it's quite unneeded now... I'm not seeing any graphics errors with unpatched Wine, however the framerate is abominable and I can't get a resolution better than 640x480 - it seems that my machine is using software rendering when I specify Direct3d. Got anything on that?
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

Ahh... secret ops. That game was fun back in the day.

I wonder if anyone has the extra mission packs? I downloaded the main game way back when but not those extra missions, and now of course (years later) they are not easy to find.

I've never tried running anything more adventurous in wine than 3D Exploration, but I might give it a go.

I can always boot into Windows instead, I suppose. But then my project server will suffer downtime. :P