the wanderer has wandered back

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

wanderer
Trader
Trader

the wanderer has wandered back

Post by wanderer »

after a few months of computer troubles I'm finally back on the space lanes blasting pirates and luddites.

my computer died about a year ago and finally got back online just a couple of months back and have finally got back here. after feeling a little bored and looking for something to do then remembered this game. now if you'll exscuse me I'm going to look for a goddard for sale so I can do some real damage :twisted:
Eat, drink, and be merry... for tomorrow we die!

yesterday we knelt before kings and bowed our necks to emperors,
today we make our stand and,
tomorrow we obay only the truth.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome back it's still the same stable version :wink: but the SVN was CVS has advanced check the wiki for the various OS how tos

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Re: the wanderer has wandered back

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

wanderer wrote:after a few months of computer troubles I'm finally back on the space lanes blasting pirates and luddites.

my computer died about a year ago and finally got back online just a couple of months back and have finally got back here. after feeling a little bored and looking for something to do then remembered this game. now if you'll exscuse me I'm going to look for a goddard for sale so I can do some real damage :twisted:

Your computer died then you came back..? COOL! Did you revive it...?

Ressurect it....? Re-Animate it into undead...?
wanderer
Trader
Trader

Re: the wanderer has wandered back

Post by wanderer »

Dark-Blood-Hound wrote:
wanderer wrote:after a few months of computer troubles I'm finally back on the space lanes blasting pirates and luddites.

Your computer died then you came back..? COOL! Did you revive it...?

Ressurect it....? Re-Animate it into undead...?

*does his best docor frankenstin impression* IT'S ALIVE... ALLIIIVVVE
well funny thing is it actually fixed it's self some how. I spent months trying everything i know. and as teh CD/DVD drive was broken I couldn't use the reboot CD to reset it back to factory settings actually even if the drive worked the computer would crash before it began to search for the drive. but then oneday (after using my sister's bf's computer for a few weeks to keep up with my mail) his computer caught a virus and filled up his hard disk with junk so I was stuck with no computer then I went back to my room sat on my bed and saw the reboot disk sticking out of my drawer and having nothing to lose slapped it into the drive and booted up and hey presto it worked. so after installing my programs I logged onto the internet to get a new download of the firewall I use becuse the drive wouldn't read the CD only within secconds of logging on I get a virus and it kills the computer for a seccond time, compleatly wiping the disk. luckly for me the reboot disk had a program for wiping out viruses (which I didn't know at the time) so i finally got back online and then after a couple of months I found myself back here feeling the call of space and the thrill of exploration and battle.
all in all it's been an intresting experience lol
Eat, drink, and be merry... for tomorrow we die!

yesterday we knelt before kings and bowed our necks to emperors,
today we make our stand and,
tomorrow we obay only the truth.
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

*Scratches my head*

Ah, had that trouble myself, except my computer is extremly fast now...

(Well, most of the time..) :?