curiousity

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

Tarran
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

curiousity

Post by Tarran »

what associate or BA degree's are associated with modeling?

I'm thinking of going back to college, and I've found this modeling to be fun (it resonates with the artist within me.) ,even if I'm not really good at the texturing aspects of it.

I just don't really know titles and such that would take me in such a direction.
Do you hear, that whisper, calling unto you
O'childe of the shore
As have your brethern before you
beckoning, to sail to those distant lands
Come
embrace me, your mistress
Upon the coldest sea
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

most amimtion programs now have lots of modeling in there courses and commercial art courses aswell.check a couple college web sites in your area.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
cracken
Trader
Trader

Post by cracken »

An important question you also should ask, is whether a degree will really help you get a job modelling, and/or make you better at modelling.

I would expect that a good portfolio would be far more important than any credentials.

A practical modelling/animation course where you could learn skills to help you develop a portfolio might be a better investment of time/money.

A common bacronym of BA is Bugger All.
Tarran
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Tarran »

@craken
its not the credentials I'm interested in, rather, something that fully emmerses me in learning those things. I get all state level college and university for free, so I figured that would be best way to go, versus some institute or such.

thank you, I'll look that shtuff up.
Do you hear, that whisper, calling unto you
O'childe of the shore
As have your brethern before you
beckoning, to sail to those distant lands
Come
embrace me, your mistress
Upon the coldest sea