bulk rubbish

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

bulk rubbish

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

Today I had a very strange experience.
In germany it's called "Sperrmüll", you inform the garbage men of the city and the next day
they take all your things, you had for years in the cellar and you brought in front of your house to the garbage. So we brought some thing in front of the house,
I directly brought a commode in my car, I bought it used 5 years ago for 120 $,
only some drawers have to be glued, the rest is o.k.
Then lots of toys for children, so we had a lot of kids and their mothers in front of our house.
The neigbours started too to bring things.
Then we throw away three computers my girlfriend got for free, (from the office of her brother). Then a lot of people where around bringing and taking things. A guy from bulgaria
got three computers( not working wit a little deffect), three televisions( working from the neigbourhood), two bycicles, two childrenseats for kids for a car
and a lot of other stuff ( 1 cd-player,2 tape-decks, several radios) the people threw away, o.k. they are poor in bulgaria, so let them sell it on a flea market or bring it to bulgaria.
Then suddenly their was a collection of electric pianos, but all broken.

I'm still upset with my girlfriend, because she told the computers were standing too long in a too cold room, and were because of this out of order.
At least I have some more loudspeakeakers, the hard-disks and I hope a funny lecture :lol:

At the end there were only left peaces of wood, only useful to make fire.
That's what was left for the garbage men.

Regards
Plueschinger
Last edited by plueschinger on Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

we have garage sales charge the garbage pickers money :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

The next time if half of the street is hanging around in front of my girlfriends house,
I sell coffee and selfmade biscuits for the women and beer and hotdogs for the men.

Regards
Plueschinger
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

The japanese I think do yearly purification rituals where they throw out old things. :?:

Well, can you imagine what would happen if that occurred in the Philippines. You'd get mobbed, and people will be squabbling and shrieking at each other for a bit of that old hard drive. lol

well.. obviously your garbage men spread the news of a cellar cleaning or something and people just came by to simplify the garbage people's work.
Well, I'm glad for you really. :wink: even if you'd be selling hotdogs the enxt time, at least the garbage is still free. :lol:
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

How cool - that's thorough recycling :D

Ehm... I'm curious... elecric pianos as in Roland-ish keyboards, or true electric pianos as in Yamaha-ish electric pianos?
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

About the pianos, it were old "bontempi-pianos", perhaps "eletric-organs" is a better word for them. :wink:
I think from the beginning of the 80's. Nothing special. I looked inside them, the cables were
partially cutted, in one was the "printed circuit board" broken, it looked like someone tried to repair them, who didn't had the knowledege, perhaps the new owner has. :?
Even they were not from us.
By the way on such a day you have to look the whole night for the garbage, if not you wake up in the morning and you have several old washing-machines and refrigerators in front of your house, and those engines the garbage men don't take away. :roll:
The thing with the refrigerators I understand, there is poisening cooling fluid inside,
but why they don't take washing-machines? I don't know.

Also most people who took something, brought something too. :lol:

You can imagine it like this, you fill up a formular, send it to the city and they give you a day, then your neigbours in the house realize that, and they have to throw away things too, and this people also collect the best things, so it can happen that you have more things than before. The house where my girlriend lives has four appartments like all the houses in the street. Then the neigbourhouses go involved, they like some things and have to throw away things, then most of the garbage is there, then some passants realize this
and look what they can use, they phone with their handy some friends ands they come too, and so the garbage goes less and less, but what people can use or take away, incredible. :roll:

@Oblivion
I think your right with your opinion, that the garbage-men give informations away, because 15 minutes after you started there are polish, turkish or bulgarian small transporters (big cars) at this place. :wink:

Regards
Plueschinger