Football-Worldchampionship

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Football-Worldchampionship

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

What do you think about football?
Who will win?

Germany, perhaps, they made the most goals
4:2 against Costa Rica 8)

Equador is better than I thought :o
2:0 against Poland

England is a joke,
they only have Beckham 1:0 against Paraguay :lol:

Sweden is more than a joke :lol: :roll:
0:0 against Trinidad Tobago

And especially for Klauss
Argentine had a lot of luck :roll:
2:1 against Elfenbeinkueste,
and Elfenbenkueste was the better team.

I hope, you are interested in football and post a reply with your opinion about this games
and the following ones.

Regards
Plueschinger
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Football-Worldchampionship

Post by klauss »

plueschinger wrote:And especially for Klauss
Sadly, I have to agree - they were kicking our butts.
But, luckily, we had the superior goalie (is that the word? Anyway, it's a cool word...)

I hope they get better with time, or they won't survive long... and it's not hopeless, it's quite common, in the first few matches, that they perform poorly.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

I forgot to tell, Argentine made two very professional goals,
one from Hernan Crespo , the other from Javier Saviola,
the goal for the Elfenbeinkueste was from Didier Drogba.

But lets wait, when th USA plays, normally they know only ballgames, where they beat the ball with sticks or throw them with their hands in baskets.

E ainda exista três equipes, que pode falar portuguese.

Regards
Plueschinger
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I live next to Frankfurt, and all I can say is: Soccer Sucks! :twisted:
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

This is just an off-Topic and fun thread, and it should provoke reactions.

@Spaceman Spiff
If you don't like football, I have a very good idea for you:
Don't watch the games in television and do something, you like more. :)

Today it was really boring, because of the good weather, I should have went better to a lake and went swimming, now it's too late.
The good teams just did just a 1:0 , like Netherlands against Serbia-Montenegro,
remarkable the captain of the team from Serbia-Montenegro was callled:
Milosevic, like the ex-president, who commtted suicide in the Den-Haag war crime tribunal. :roll:

Portugal-Angola 1:0 faltava todo, um golo, e depois nada. :?

The three good team, England ,Netherland, and Portugal did nothing than to carry home
a boring win of the game, but the footballgod sees this. :mrgreen:

So the miiddle class game Mexico-Iran 3:1
a lot of goals, but not good football, a pity that it wasn't USA-Iran

Replies wanted :wink:
Regards
Plueschinger
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

plueschinger wrote:a pity that it wasn't USA-Iran
Uuu... that would have been fun.
Or at least interesting.
Wing Commander Universe
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

It looks like, that are not so many football-fans in this forum.
But today was interesting and funny, another sunny day in front of the television.

First Japan:Australia 3:1
84 Minutes 1:0 for Japan, and then, boom, boom ,boom,
three goals in 8 minutes 8), well and fast done.

The second game USA:Tschechei (ex (Tschceslovakia) 0:3 :D
And what did the USA, they fouled the best player (Jan Koller),
he is now badly injured, good look for the other teams,
perhaps they should continue to beat balls with sticks? :P

The third Italie:Ghana 2:0
Koffur and Totti had a bet, who will win ( both play in the team of Rome), one for Ghana,
one for Italie, and this after the italian bet-scandal,
What do you think, how much payed Totti to Koffur(ex. Bayern Muenchen?)

Regards
Plueschinger
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

looks like haveing there mascot there didn't help the japanese :)

Enjoy the Choice :)
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

The Japanese really had bad look with their Maskottchen,
Today my girlfriend too, she had to go to the dentistist, so me and our son
had to wait for her on a "Spielplatz"(playing place for kids)
And I didn't missed a lot
South-korea-Tog 2:1
French-Swizze 0:0 awful, boring
and then
Brazil-Kroatia 1:0
It was too hot for the brazilians, they didn't moved, some people say, they didn't moved,
because they are too lazy, because they will win anyway.

Regards
Plueschinger
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Football-Worldchampionship

Post by klauss »

klauss wrote:
plueschinger wrote:And especially for Klauss
Sadly, I have to agree - they were kicking our butts.
But, luckily, we had the superior goalie (is that the word? Anyway, it's a cool word...)

I hope they get better with time, or they won't survive long... and it's not hopeless, it's quite common, in the first few matches, that they perform poorly.
Now, this is looking a lot better:

Argentina:Serbia&M 6:0 :D :D :D :D

A great part of that result is that S&M played quite poorly, no aggresiveness whatsoever to counter our team's. But, our team did play very well even if it wasn't necessary to win. I just hope they retain the same profficiency level when they're under pressure.

We'll find out on Wednesday, I guess.
Wing Commander Universe
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

Against the team of my grandmother I can win 10:0 8)

Rodriguez, Cambiasso, Crespo, Tevez and Messi
made the goals,
only Rodriguez made 2 goals,
and the not mentioned part of the team didn't made any goal :o

I would have expected more from them :P

About the netherlands, you now they are a team,
who cares a lot about tactic, so perhaps they let argentine win, if they want to,
just to don't have so strong opponents in round 2 :mrgreen:

Anyway, welcome in round 2 :D

Regards
Plueschinger
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

plueschinger wrote:Rodriguez, Cambiasso, Crespo, Tevez and Messi
made the goals,
only Rodriguez made 2 goals,
and the not mentioned part of the team didn't made any goal :o
Come on!
At least one goal was made by all of them in concert.
The second one was the result of a perfectly synchronized maneuver. You have to admit that - it was a gem.
In fact, I think it was that goal the one that killed S&M's morale. After that, they didn't show any enthusiasm. Anyway... as you say, yes, the netherlands will be a different matter.
Wing Commander Universe
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

plueschinger wrote:a pity that it wasn't USA-Iran
Ugh. I was in Germany during World Cup 98 and excited to see how the US might do. A single Ehrentor was a little less than I had hoped for :-/

Then 2002 was better, but all the games were in the middle of the night for me. At least now they are in the daytime, but to be honest it is even worse. I am more likely to be awake at 2 AM than 11 AM :D

Germany has looked impressive, solid defense. Especially when Huth donkey punched the Ecuadorean in the back of the head. Golden boot to Klose I think :)

France: very grim to tie again. They should probably win the next game, but without Zidane, who knows.

USA might beat Ghana (what a strange group), which means playing Brazil. D'oh. I wonder if Ronaldo will get his form back? Anything can happen I suppose, USA lost to Brazil 1-0 in '94, one freak goal can change such a result.

Spain and Portugal moving on after recent frustrations. Figo should get the ball every time ;)

I have missed too many games, I always sleep in, it is hard to get up to see them! Can't wait to see what happens next.
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

@MarniyaOtaru

USA:Italia first halftime
The USA missed their at this time safe entry to th next round, because they were not cool enough to play with 11 players againt the Tchechei with 10 players, the picture of the kick against the later bleeding nose was in all newspapers, but what they did, they got in a short time two red cards, the commentator told, that it 's not allowed to play with less then 7 players.
Egal their last chance is against the named by themselve called "Ghana BlackStars"
and I see black for one of the teams.

@Klauss
So it was a tactical game 0:0 against the Netherlands, only Franz Beckenbbauer told it was cool, so if Argentine wins against Mexico and Gemany wins against Sweden,
we see in the quarter final, and then only the goals count.

By the way:off topic: somehow accidently I went the project leader of the in-game-to german translation team, this has one reason, I'm the only one, I already translated
master_part_list.csv and I already showed a very simple example with /bases/bartender.py,
how to split it in 4 files, the main file, the english file, the german file and a control-file,
called language.py, which is in a separated directory, called languages,
You can find this on page five of the german translation-thread,
but I have a problem, in the rest bartender.py file I have to add the line:
sys.path = sys.path + ['/usr/local/games/vegastrike/languages']

Do you know a better file to add it, if not I have to add it to /modules/dynamic_news_content_py and /modules/dynamic_mission.py

The better team will win, totay started summer, on your part of the world winter
Don't take it too serious

Regards
Plueschinger
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

plueschinger wrote:So it was a tactical game 0:0 against the Netherlands, only Franz Beckenbbauer told it was cool, so if Argentine wins against Mexico and Gemany wins against Sweden,
we see in the quarter final, and then only the goals count.
IMO, our team played really bad. It was sloppy. Yes, they had a very good defense, and lot of good attacks, but IMO they didn't succeed in any of those attacks because they were sloppy. And I think they were sloppy because the netherlands' team was pushing hard - as I said earlier: pressure makes a difference.
plueschinger wrote:but I have a problem, in the rest bartender.py file I have to add the line:
sys.path = sys.path + ['/usr/local/games/vegastrike/languages']
I'd avoid that kind of platform-specific information in .py files like the plage. Because it is a plague. Python modules have to be highly platform-independent. I suggest you use relative paths all the way. Like: "./languages" or "../languages", or whatever fits the case.
Wing Commander Universe
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Alternatively, you can query for vegastrike.config entries - I don't remember the interface right now - I'll have to check that, remind me if you're that way inclined - I think it's VS.getConfig() or something similar.
Wing Commander Universe
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by energyman76b »

Ghana is in the next round!

Hm, hopefully Australia will follow them.
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

Australia did it :)
well done with a 2:2 against Croatia.

So there are until now:
Germany, Equador, England, Sweden, Argentine, Netherlands, Portugal, Mexico, Italie, Ghana, Brazil and Australia.
This list is not alphabetical, it was made by groups A,B,C etc

I hope Southkorea too,

Regards
Plueschinger
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by energyman76b »

jopp, nice play of Australia.

Germany is good for them.

First WC:
1974 in Germany
Second WC:
2006 in Germany

First Goal:
2006 in Germany
First win:
2006 in Germany
Best overall result
last 16 (can go even further) in Germany

;)
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

@energyman76b
Now starts the hard part of the game, no pardon anymore,
but this was not the reason why i posted a reply.

Here is a little funny story, happend to two of my friends in Australia at the and of the 80th of the last century, I never was there.
So they hitchiked around the country, then it was the party of new year, they were in Queensland in a little town and had a room in a little hotel, and they didn't knew, that is was forbidden to drink alkohol in public( on the street) not hidden in paperbacks, so the sheriff catched them and took their passports, so the next day, they went to the office to get their passports back, but they didn't wanted to pay the fine, so what happened, one had a serious conversation with the officer, in the mean time the other took the passports from the drawer of his desk and they went away and left the town. 30 miles later, they were catched again by the same sheriff, who was realy upset with them, hunting them, then he told them something about moral and so on and let them run away.
Unforgetable funny

Regards
Plueschinger
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

At least we weren't dead last this time.. just last in our group :-/ Good for Ghana though, they earner their trip to the next round. Too bad Brazil awaits.

Speaking of Brazil, their game vs Japan was very enjoyable. They are certainly my favourite team to watch. They don't make many horrible passes, they dribble so well.

Perhaps my favourite part of their play that game was the lack of acting. I don't remember seeing any of the Brazilians rolling around on the ground with fake injuries. Ronaldinho at one point in the second is moving towards the box with the ball, and a defender tried for a tackle. He missed the ball and hit Ronaldinho's leg. Instead of flopping to the ground and acting like his leg was cut off, he kept going, and worked a beautiful give and go with Ronaldo that almost turned into a goal.

Excellent play is what I love to watch, not grown men acting like little girls and crying about their terrible injuries before standing up and going about their business with no ill effects.

It is a little ironic to say that though in light of the incident four years ago with Rivaldo where he was waiting for the ball so he could make a corner kick. Someone on the other team kicked it hard to him and he fell over holding his face, when replays showed it hitting somewhere around his midsection :lol: He was fined afterwards IIRC. I'd love to more fines handed out for ridiculous play acting.

That incident aside, this last game seemed pretty free of acting, and I hope it continues so, they did well enough without it! Football might gain a little more popularity here without it.
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by energyman76b »

'play acting'

If you get hit by a soccer boot, at the speed this guys run&kick, it really, really hurts.

It is sometimes acting, but most of the times genuine pain.

Luckily, as long as nothing is damaged, this pain will go away fast - and with some ice spray even faster, but at first, it hurts like hell...
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

The brazillians have to dribble well, because it's a part of their team doctors weight watchers plan.
Ronaldo just cracked the goalrecord of Gerd Mueller (worldchampion 1974), he was until now the guy who made the most goals in worldchampionships, now Ronaldo made the same amount of goals (14), but when you watched the game seriously, Ronaldo made two goals in my opinion, at least one, everyone saw his belly, he can't hide him anymore, he goes fat,
when he made a goal with his head, his belly was very good to see.
And the teamdoctor told accidently to a reporter, that he is 1,83 m big and has 90,5 Kg.
Perhaps we will have in the next worldchampionship a sumoringer-team from brazil.

Who knows, perpaps that's the future of football, heavy intelligent players, who don't have to move so much and make the goals.

Mas o futebal é com isso, no fim sempre os brazileiros vão ganhar,
e eu não percebo porque.

Regards
Plueschinger
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

energyman76b wrote:'play acting'

If you get hit by a soccer boot, at the speed this guys run&kick, it really, really hurts.

It is sometimes acting, but most of the times genuine pain.

Luckily, as long as nothing is damaged, this pain will go away fast - and with some ice spray even faster, but at first, it hurts like hell...
Actually, it's the other way around.
Yes, it may hurt. But most of the time, regardless of that, they act. For one, if they didn't, if they played tough-boy, the... referee? (I really don't know the english vocabulary for this stuff) may not notice the fault. So, it's actually fair play even when they act - but, sometimes, they over-act. And sometimes convincingly - it's actually something that gets taught to some players, and some are renowned by their "acting skills". Really - I don't like when it happens - nobody does - but it's part of the game.

Of course - sometimes they get really hurt. You can tell those apart because the guy has to hit the benches or leave in a stretcher ;)
The problem isn't the speed, though, from personal experience - it's the boots - those damn boots have those spikes to enhance land grip that also enhances damage. It really hurts, when you receive what's called "plancha" - a hit with the bottom of the boot. That's why the referees tend to pull out the yellow/red card automatically on those situations - it's an all-out attack. That and sweeps ("barrida", in sp) - really unfair play, when you see those.
Wing Commander Universe
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by energyman76b »

I remember back in school some idiot wore 'outside' boots in a inside game - and jumped on someone else foot.

You could see the imprints of the spikes on the x-ray picture.

Nasty stuff that spikes.

Or back at the Bundeswehr, when my officer was fouled in a game - you could HEAR the tendons snap. Ouch.