Discord server for free open source space sims

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

nores
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Discord server for free open source space sims

Post by nores »

Hello everyone, I am glad the Vega Strike project is coming back to life and in the best time for the resurrection of FOSS space sim games we just created a discord server for them. Feel free to join as we provide a meeting place for help and support as well as a stable community for developers and players alike. :wink:

:arrow: https://discord.gg/EPW4vGb
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Discord server for free open source space sims

Post by loki1950 »

We are planing to move to Discourse for our forums but need to upgrade our web infrastructure first but thanks for the invite.
I will mostly join your group when we get a full release out that would be Linux,Windows and OSX before then not that much to share.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
ThinkSome
Merchant
Merchant

Post by ThinkSome »

nores wrote:Hello everyone, I am glad the Vega Strike project is coming back to life and in the best time for the resurrection of FOSS space sim games we just created a discord server for them. Feel free to join as we provide a meeting place for help and support as well as a stable community for developers and players alike. :wink:
Do you not see any hypocrisy or other problems in using a proprietary chat service for FOSS projects? How can you hope to provide anything stable when you do not control the infrastructure itself? Discord-the-company can pull the plug on you tomorrow and you wouldn't be able to do anything.

Further reading on this topic:
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

ThinkSome wrote:Do you not see any hypocrisy or other problems in using a proprietary chat service for FOSS projects?
What hypocrisy?
Depending on a corporation that can get ridiculously corrupt without any warning signs, that's a problem. So far, it's not Disney, Hasbro or even Steam, but who knows what will be tomorrow. But then, chat is not something vital, much less irreplaceable.
ThinkSome wrote:How can you hope to provide anything stable when you do not control the infrastructure itself?
The same way as when not growing one's own bread and meat.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter