Getting back on track

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

Itusa
Hunter
Hunter

Getting back on track

Post by Itusa »

So Vega Strike has largely fallen by the way side. It is in very few repositories in a working state, there's no guarantee it works on Windows or Mac in its current compilable state and the Taose Fork is well... not much better. There are huge problems here, development has stopped/dried-up, we've lost numerous developers to attrition, the community is nigh on deceased (although Nido and Suterusu are keeping the IRC alive) and as it stands interest appears to have hit a stumbling block.

What I have done so far is started getting involved with the community directly, posting threads, responding here and there and started logging into the IRC regularly to chat and report my own development progress in the hopes of restarting the community. Secondly, upon noticing that Vega Strike no longer compiled on Ubuntu 16.10, I have worked through the code to update the relevant sections, began working through a series of warnings and so on, attempted to make a small improvement and published a release so that others can interact with the game. Finally I am attempting to continue the development on my lonesome (a challenge for any newbie).

What are we as a community going to do about this? (Loki, you're up you're the last active `Community Manager`). What could we do about this and what should we do?
Operating System: (Linux) Ubuntu 16.10 (Yakkety)
Vegastrike-taose: 0.5.1
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Getting back on track

Post by loki1950 »

All we can do really is keep talking to each other as we need the mutual support to keep us going foreword.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Itusa
Hunter
Hunter

Re: Getting back on track

Post by Itusa »

Just to confirm, I did post a link in the IRC (and yes they saw it)...no they haven't bothered to post -_-.

Mutual support is all well and good and perhaps great for laying the foundations for a community but there's a limit to how useful that can be on its own.
Operating System: (Linux) Ubuntu 16.10 (Yakkety)
Vegastrike-taose: 0.5.1