The future of this project?

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

SacredCrumb
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

The future of this project?

Post by SacredCrumb »

I have watched the progression of this game for the past ten years now. (I feel old..) As time continues, it seems the interest has died down a little bit. As a result of this, I find myself wanting to ask; what is going to be the direction for this project? Is it just a passing interest these days?
Eye~R
Hunter
Hunter

Re: The future of this project?

Post by Eye~R »

From what I can make out, the interest is still strong, but there lacks presence of those with enough skill to implement anything too serious. The original developers being largely distracted by things like real lives, what ever that is, and paying jobs.
Multiplayer Server Offline. Copy ony testing rig semi-funcitonal.
User Signup Offline.
Server Health Shows old data from last snapshot before the server downed.

If you have any issues you can usually find me in #vegastrike on freenode.
captnemo
Merchant
Merchant

Post by captnemo »

Wow. I haven't posted here in almost 11 years. I've been following Vegastrike on and off for 13 or 14 years. Mostly off. Did anyone ever make a campaign mode? Have I missed anything exciting? The forums are a bit cobwebby but the project is still getting 480 downloads/week even though it hasn't updated in two years.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

First off welcome back just had a new development you can now find our source code on github more info in the thread gonzo posted earlier today in the Website Support & Discussion sub-forum http://forums.vega-strike.org/viewtopic ... 15#p143415

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
gonzo
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by gonzo »

I've actually seen people logged on more than once who turns out to have been active last time many years ago. I think with a minimum of discipline we could make this fly for real.
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
gonzo
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by gonzo »

I pm'd Klauss and Pheonixstorm a month ago but so far no response. :(
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by ezee »

The future of this project is off topic .
:mrgreen:

There is no future, but i trust in now .
Won noW ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXnxDVX9xww

The future is vegastrike evolved , is an mmo game with more RPG and STRATEGY inside .
The game will probably stay point and click and 3D action , but the graphics will be better .

In evolved Edition , factions have homelands and like every kind of specie , they want to evolve . Find natural resources , transform them , make the other part of the universe addicted to their products , kill the concurrency , with love .
:lol:

Code: Select all

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
                // So what are you going to threaten me with? Exhaustion gas?
                return ThreatLevel::None;
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Part of the problem is a great many people will have jumped ship (from VS and many other space sims) to ogle and drool over Star Citizen. Which is pretty much what many many people have wanted since Privateer and Elite came out oh so long ago.

For now, there probably will not be an uptick in interest until after all the buzz from SC dies down. My thoughts anyway.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
gonzo
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by gonzo »

pheonixstorm wrote:Part of the problem is a great many people will have jumped ship (from VS and many other space sims) to ogle and drool over Star Citizen.
I looked at the VS download stats on SourceForge over the past ten years and I don't think Star Citizen made much difference.
vsdownloadstats.png
I added in a red line to show the decline in downloads. The change has been pretty much constant with a few temporary boosts in interest.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.