[game] High Seas Trader

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

[game] High Seas Trader

Post by TBeholder »

On Abandonia. Sailing ship trading/social/logistics/combat management simulator.
May contain food for thoughts - especially for developers of other trading/combat simulators. :wink:
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Re: [game] High Seas Trader

Post by ezee »

I like this kind of game , thx :
This brings me onto the next part. The game world is, literally, the world. Asia, India, Africa, Europe and the Americas are all modelled, with possibly thousands of different routes to travel. But you have to buy maps in cities you reach, and each city has a different set of maps every time you visit. You will have to buy as many as you can since you can’t see where cities are without maps. This is especially useful since sometimes a person will approach you, asking for a trip to somewhere. Your first mate will tell you if you have that city on your charts. These people often have little cargo, but pay you handsomely. There are those who can’t pay you, or are supposedly on a mission for your country.
That is similar in Privateer Remake yeah ? I haven't checked if it's the case also in the shipdealer with vegastrike .
I think that is a very good idea , with the one i have to make AI able to reach astronomical
science and tech level that give access to distant sectors .
And the player will buy the tools the AI will produce .
:wink:

Code: Select all

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
                // So what are you going to threaten me with? Exhaustion gas?
                return ThreatLevel::None;
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki