Escape Velocity

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

Have you played Escape Velocity and do you like it?

Yes, And very much so.
42%
Yes, And very much so.
42%
Yes, and no
8%
Yes, and no
8%
No, maybe i should go download it.
No votes
No, maybe i should go download it.
No votes

Total votes: 12

G3David
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Escape Velocity

Post by G3David »

All Right....Whos played it and who like it/some of its ideas/concepts/etc..
Excuse me sir, can you tell me how to get to Omicron Persei 8?
My Website|Please do not click here
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

I played it and i loved it, bought it, and was dissapointed. I expected to get a lot more in the full version than in the demo, they gave you 3/4's of the game in the demo, and the last 1/4 wasnt really worth the money. I tried some mods, but most were not available for windows, and the ones which were werent too great. I was expecting like 5x the stuff in retail as in the demo, so you can imagine my dissapointment when i finished the game in about 30 minutes after i bought it.

Overall it had great gameplay, but nothing else. The graphics and sound were unimpressive.

If you want a game with great gameplay and no gaphics or sound, get starflight1 or 2! There free and they are WAY better.

If you want a game with great gameplay and average graphics and great sound, and is free, then get Ur-Quan masters (Star control 2) IMO it beats EV nova in every way possible besides modding.

If you want a game with above average (but not quite great) gameplay, awesome graphics, and average sound, is free, and is always improving, than get Vegastrike :D

All in all, i think Starflight, SC2, and Vegastrike were all better than EV nova. Not that EV nova was a bad game, it was fairly good (i voted that i liked it) but is not as good as the free alternatives out there. If you need to own every space trading game out there, go get it. At the very least try the demo (its really good as far as demos go), but for most people i would not waste my money on it.
G3David
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by G3David »

Ther are many different ways to "BEAT" the game...but you never really beat it untill you've gone through all the mission strings to the end..
which path did you choose?

i think there are at least 10 different paths/mission strings to get the final result....try them all....my personal favorite is the Polaris string and the aurorun strings
Duality
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Post by Duality »

I wouldn't want to take any ideas/concepts from a 2D game.
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

it does have some good concepts, such as boarding other vehicles, Wouldn't that be cool duality?
G3David
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by G3David »

who cares if its 2-d, is that gonna make the concepts like boarding and mission strings irrelevant just because its 2-d...i mean really...