Hello!

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

UnaFragger
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Hello!

Post by UnaFragger »

Hi! I don't even remember where I found this game, but I've been reading through the forums from work all day.

Now that I'm home, I've downloaded off of the SVN and the compile is running right now.

I can't wait to get started. It seems like an absolute blast.

How is everyone?
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Re: Hello!

Post by pheonixstorm »

Hope your not compiling for windows....
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
UnaFragger
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by UnaFragger »

Nah, Ubuntu 9.10 -- I'm a new Linux user, not used to it at all.. was looking for some games to play.

This one seems fun! I spent maybe a half hour or so playing last night.. seems like it could be a lot of fun.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Can be. A spin-off of this is Privateer PU. Uses same engine (just older) and is based in the Wing Commander universe. I have played a lot in Privateer but haven't spent a lot of time playing vegastrike yet. Been spending most of my time getting the latest svn to compile for windows.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

From my experience, the privateer-based mods are far "funner" than vanilla VS. Mostly because of the lack of story in vanilla VS.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Story doesn't matter too much for me in the fun department.. VS is just more of a pain in the ass to start a game in. Theres a lot more information to learn in VS than Priv, not to mention that advancing early in game is easier in Priv.