Coming back after some years

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

Major
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Coming back after some years

Post by Major »

And it's nice to see that Vegastrike has grown (and that my account is still alive :D )

I just downloaded 5.0 (congratulations that you made it) and in the next days I will play a little bit (I am working and don't have much time).

Is it still possible to cheat by copying a savegame and edit the amount of cash you have with a text-editor? I would like to try some ships without playing many hours (sorry).

I saw a message that a guy called "pyramid" sent to me about my models half a year ago. Sorry, I don't have those files anymore. Some years ago I had a hard drive crash and I lost all backups somewhere (even that from my space carrier).
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Coming back after some years

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome back Major there was a change to the save function but the bank balance is still between carets at the beginning of the file along with your current ship and it's position in the universe.Just saves from 0.4.3 are no longer supported :wink: Have fun.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
RedAdder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: Coming back after some years

Post by RedAdder »

Major wrote:Some years ago I had a hard drive crash and I lost all backups somewhere (even that from my space carrier).
I like this meme about uploading your stuff to the internet public to have multiplying backups.