funny names

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

darthbob88
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by darthbob88 »

I remember one really bad name, on a par with the legendary Boy Named Sue. A Ted Leahy married an Asian feminist named Susan Hu. They were both SF fans, and dearly in love with George Lucas's work, so they named their son Yoda. Yoda Leahy-Hu. Kid's 3 years old and he's already learned to fight dirty.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

I've heard about some parents in out region giving their new-born child the second name "Fussballweltmeisterchen", which means "little soccer-world-championship-winner". It's true, and it is printed in the boys' passport.
grendel0226
Merchant
Merchant

Post by grendel0226 »

Bad names. The Dragonball series is full of them. Chi-Chi for instance means breasts in both Spanish and Japanese. Chi-Chi's is the Mexican equivalent of Hooters, other than in America.

There's one guy I graduated with, who had the name of Harry Johnson III. Poor sap, he didn't even have looks going for him.

There's also a Richard Holden Wacker that was just born, and his parents are considering shortening it to just Dick Holden Wacker.

Foresight apparently isn't the strong suit of the locals.
snow_Cat
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by snow_Cat »

^ -o-^ meow!, that's funny.

^- - ^ Aside from my own the nearest I can think of was a substitute teacher's "Zackery Miroff", "Jack me-off".
grendel0226
Merchant
Merchant

Post by grendel0226 »

One that slipped my mind until recently is the name of one of my grandma's neighbors.

Stormy Knight.

She's an African-American girl, so the nickname Storm would most likely suit her, though she may hate the X-Men because of her parents. At least she has a normal middle name she can go by.
Wolfee
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Re: funny names

Post by Wolfee »

In African Cup of Nations 2008 i have saw that many players has played whose had funny african names. It was very funny and i have enjoyed these funny african names with African Cup of Nations 2008.