A few cheat for noobs like me

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

Raven505
Explorer
Explorer

A few cheat for noobs like me

Post by Raven505 »

I thought you could only hack a |Tesla.blank| i.e. make it up your weapons and all but in the save game you can just put in |Tesla| and you get the milispec model with LR PminusBeamMKlV and all turret slots full :D

And or I am a complet noob at VS and file edeting but a few bits of advice for other people like me who want to edit thir VS files to help them in the game.

1. To edit the game you will need a text editor e.g. Windows notepad but that program i rubbish so i recomend downloading notepad++

2. When you have successfully downloaded notepad++ and decied that you want to edit you save game i would advise that you creat a backup of you saved game incas you have a mishap whil file editing.

3. Ok a few simple ways to vamp up you saved game are
- Giving yourself money to do this open notepad++ then open you VS files what you are looking for is a file called SAVE mine is located in another folder designated 'vegastrike.' When you have found your save open it o the first line of text near the begining you will see some numbers e.g. ^13500^ delete these numbers and type in the amount of credtis you want on you saved game (a ten digit number should do) then save your work. Next time you load yo game you should have the ammount of credits you typed.

4. Getting that ship you have seen but either can't find or can't afford.
Ok star by loading up you game and buying 2 or 3 cheap ships plowshares or dodos should do the trick THEN SAVE YOUR GAME. Next open notepad++ find you saved game and open it, one the first line of text you will notice the names of the ships you just purchased you can then delete the names of thes ships and replace them with other ships (the names of ships can be found in the masterparts. Or a list of them in the units. file). Ships i found useful are:
-goddard (good firepower ok manuverability it' a bomber)
-tesla (exelend firepower poor manuverability and it' a Capship)
-tesla.template (exelend firepower poor manuverability and it' a Capship but has cloaking am better manuverabilty than the standard tesla it also seems not to have a bug with weapon slot one that the standard tesla seems to have)
-lancalott (ok firepower good manuverability it's a heavy fighter)

Of course it's you choice but i did find some bugs when i tried to get a ship called the Vitek (or something like that) And ever ship in the system i was in became one.

6. Easy cloacking to get a cloak easily save the game buy a cheap ship then replace it with a Clyvsdale.template sell the cloaking device from it then change ships and buy thr cloaking device bck and put it on the ship you desire.

5. WARNING you can't sell ships you have edited into your game (unless it's just a bg on mine) the only way to get rid of them is to delet them and their location in you saved game file.

I am new at this so and mistake i've made please point out :D