Huge list of upcoming games in 2006

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

Spare-Flair
Explorer
Explorer

Huge list of upcoming games in 2006

Post by Spare-Flair »

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msg ... d=24145969

56K= death, some guy has compiled a list of all the major PC games coming out in 2006, everyone has a screenshot. I didn't even know there was a new Sam & Max coming out!
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

SPORE looks ultra cool. This is one of the only games of 2006 that I will consider purchasing at full retail value.

Defcon also looks cool... I wasn't aware that introversion still had it in them to make another game. Whatever those guys touch has true quality to it; I'll certainly look into buying this one as well.

GOLF looks interesting also. I liked gish (but I didn't buy the full version.) If anything, this will serve to be a cool demo.

Supreme Commander has potential, I remember reading an article about it a while ago. It's made by the Total Annihilation guys, so the gameplay should be good.

I'm surprised that there's a new (indie) starsiege game in the works. I really enjoyed earthsiege and starsiege: tribes, so this will be one to watch.

I've been keeping an eye on ankh ever since I saw that they were using OGRE. Even though it's a commercial game, it's another one to watch.

80 Days: Is this going to be a game for Jules Verne's classic novel Around The World In 80 Days? That's an interesting concept indeed.

I wish that Sam & Max 2 was going to be made, but last I heard it had been canceled (in 2005 or earlier.)

The space games look decent- star ranger 2 also looks interesting.

All the rest mostly look like crappy re-hashes of the same old games that have been coming out for years.
Ryder P. Moses
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Post by Ryder P. Moses »

Man, the Combat Mission guys' house graphics engine got a massive upgrade and their games still look like ass. Classic.

Hadn't heard of Ghost Wars, though, that's worth looking into. But yeah, they've got a lotta vaporware in there, and a few games like Sword of the Stars that I'm pretty sure already came out. Otherwise, pretty cool.
CubOfJudahsLion
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by CubOfJudahsLion »

That Enosta:Discovery Beyond has my attention.

Those of you who miss adventures games at a grand scale like me will like to know that a bunch of Lucasarts renegades left and set up shop, and they're working on a game that very well could breath life into the genre. While their engine isn't running full steam yet, it will as soon as they find a publisher. Possibly a title for 2006, maybe 2007.

There is an official site, but I found the interview at AdventureGamers to be more informative.
Bodo
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Bodo »

I wish that Sam & Max 2 was going to be made, but last I heard it had been canceled (in 2005 or earlier.)
Sam&Max 2 was planed by LucasArts as a 3D-adventure, together with FullThrottle 2 and others that fell victim to the StarWars-mania that seemes to have devoured all sensibility in the LucasArts leading departement. The License was however bought by some renegade Softwarehouse who are presently doing a true sequel in best Cartoon-manner together with the actual creator of the comic-caracters who left Lucas Arts. So that will be one to look forward to!
Your mission is to explore new worlds, discover new lifeforms and unknown civilizations. To boldly blow up stuff where no one has blown up stuff before!

- missonobjectives from the StarFlight-manual
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

Interesting- that's good news indeed!