German versions of Vegastrike-VSN and 0.4.3 now available!!!

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

German versions of Vegastrike-VSN and 0.4.3 now available!!!

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

Perhaps you know about the german translation project called "vegadeutsch".
for the version 0.4.3 we have an installation-script for windows and linux,
jyou just need to start the script and follow the instructions. 8)
You can find it here:
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=7401
or on the sourceforge.vegadeutsch side:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=177193

But now we made a big effort with our project. 8)
Halleck putted the entire vegadeutsch-translation-package into the following file:
http://vegastrike.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... sch/0.4.3/
O.K. he forgot to mention "Rockstar" and "To Megatherion", who did 66% of the translations,
but there is the file changelog-file, where there is listed exactly, who translated what.

Now an instruction from Halleck, how to play Vegastrike-SVN in german language:
For the record, I've commited the entire Vegadeutsch translation package to /trunk/translations/deutsch/0.4.3

I was looking for a way to have clean, modular translations using the mod technique. That is, placing the files in {Vega Strike data directory}/mods/de and starting vegastrike with the -Mde option (-Mfoldername for any mod). Currently this works if you want the translation (if you copy/symlink factions.xml in) but it breaks the regular english version- the only way to *not* have the german files load is by relocating them.

I'll look into ways we could define new behavior for the engine to help the modular loading of translation packages. But if you *want* the translation pack this is a good way to install it cleanly.
Sounds complicated, but it works, I didn't tried it that way. :wink:

Jeppee, Jakadakadu 8) :lol: :wink: :roll:
I hope we can soon stop the german subproject.

Only the news and some small things are not translated,
but this was also because a little bit, because of our frustration,
I mean all this files were known in the beginning of this year (january).
Perhaps nobody read the postings in the Translation part of this forum.
I hope and think , now with this effort, the news are translated until end of october.

Have a lot of fun. 8)
Thanks a lot to Halleck :wink:
Regards
Plueschinger

BTW:
Answers to this posting would be nice. :wink:
Last edited by plueschinger on Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Congratulations on the release idiomatic English is tough to translate and maintain the sense of the original language.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

Great, glad I could help.

In case my instructions were unclear, here my way of installing the vegadeutsch translation pack:

To install into an SVN working copy:
  1. create the directory /data4.x/mods/ and go into it.
  2. run this command (or the GUI equivalent):

Code: Select all

svn checkout https://vegastrike.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/vegastrike/trunk/translations/deutsch/0.4.3/ de
  3. Copy or link /data4.x/factions.xml to /data4.x/mods/de/factions.xml
  4. Run vegastrike. If you are experiencing problems, run it from the command line like so:

Code: Select all

./vegastrike -Mde
If you want to go back to English, for now you have to move the translation pack somewhere else.

This works for me in SVN. It should work the same for 0.4.3, but if you have that I assume you don't want to use SVN so it would be easier to download the translation pack from the vegadeutsch sourceforge project and unzip it into /mods/de/ .

Also, I wasn't sure who the contributors were so I put "Plueschinger and the Deutsch localization team" in the commit message to cover everyone. ;) Hopefully the docs you have there will be enough credit.
Cruzo
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Cruzo »

Hi There,

I discover Vega strike since a week and i am almost adicted to this game.

so i am playing in german with vegadeutsch 0.4.3 but the news are still in english and this sucks a bit.
Maby i can help by the translation a bit if the projekt still open?

would be cool to here from everyone of the german projekt.

Cruzo