Current status of dev version?

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
KorJax
Merchant
Merchant

Current status of dev version?

Post by KorJax »

Last I played VS was a while ago on 0.4.3 version, and seeing as the update still isnt done yet, i might consider trying the developmental version...

But what is different between the dev version and the normal one? Is there a changelog anywhere?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

@KorJax welcome back there has been progress 8) no more spawnning in your face :lol: side effect more traffic lots of traffic new ships 8) music remastering SPEC tweaks as for a changelog just the SVN log and the committer's comments also an alternate HUD check the wiki for the SVN how to.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
ollobrains
Trader
Trader

Post by ollobrains »

so u guys reckon a stable realise sometime mid 2007 ? hope so for 0.5.0 and the projects long term viability more action and development acitivity is needed tbh. Might encourage a wider net audience of programmers to check it out

If u want a pay to play *cheap* similar game in the multiplayer mode many of u probably play eve-online if not check it out i wont provide the web address but its what vegastrike could be but its basically multiplayer on a very large scale
tuna
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by tuna »

Imho, the only thing VS needs for the next release, or for the svn stuff to be actually playable, is the remaking of units.csv and master_part_list.csv.

Any word about them?
Zeog
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Zeog »

We are working on them at the moment. ;-) See the changelog (and the dates in particular) yourself for a proof:
http://vegastrike.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... v?view=log
http://vegastrike.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... v?view=log
ollobrains
Trader
Trader

Post by ollobrains »

zeog good work hope to take a squiz soon at the updated product
tuna
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by tuna »

Zeog wrote:We are working on them at the moment. ;-)
Yippee!
Zeog
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Zeog »

Some cargo categories are again available at other sites in the dev-version. However, there still unbalanced. At least you can trade again.
pheldens
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by pheldens »

The Sartre engine flare texture position needs fixing before release too.

And I Just tarred up the tweaked cockpit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

DLed. :) thanks
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...