A dumb question i am about to repeat for the severalth time.

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
robothead
Merchant
Merchant

A dumb question i am about to repeat for the severalth time.

Post by robothead »

should there be a seperate multiplayer version mod for vegastrike apart from what the main vegastrike's gameplay may contain in the long run?

if the multiplayer mod involves being limited to flying a ship that behaves like a starfighter and being able to dock at stations, where the main part of the multiplayer is way more of a generic flight sim with a couple of gameplay(not realistic) aspect attached to it like a pure player skilled based PvP or PvNPC, it might be simple to do and make however, it would require huge number of bandwidth and computer resources and might deal with other stuff if someone wants to make an attempt to make an mmo version of this game. i'm pretty sure there will be some cheap and efficent way to do this as a hobbyist.

if the multiplayer involves mostly the main VS gameplay thing like flying capital ships with a few X-series style of empire building, in order to make the universe realistic, more of a complex space simulator, in a nutshell player has all the freedom, thats pretty nice however, that would be a bit hard to implement but it can be very rewarding in the long run. all you have to do is, put a limit cap on how many players that can connect to a server, lets say up to 32 players. it's enough when you have a ton of npc's under one player's control with a couple of players should be enough for the universe.

you see, both option's have ups and downs.