Spend some hours in balancing the units.cvs

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
Motorb1tch
Hunter
Hunter

Spend some hours in balancing the units.cvs

Post by Motorb1tch »

This is what i did:

rised all good (no weapons, no ships) sold by mines and factorys by factor 10

rised all goods (no weapons, no ships) sold by planets by factor 100

i did this cuz i found it redicilous that a single small merchant ship culd empty the stock of a planet habitated by millions or billions of peoples.

cargostock of military bases left as theyve been

rebalanced the franklin.

it now has a hold of 250 tonns, 300 upgraded. i think the fastest and most manouverable ship in game shuld not have one of the lagest hold ass well.
give franklin ability to carry quadshields, but only lv7 max.(protection shuld be the first priority for a diplomatic shuttle, but its no capship so it shuld not be able to carry the most heavy upgrades.)
allowed franklin to carry reactors up to lv6 (redicilous to give it 4 heavyweapon mounts but not the possibility to power ´em)

rebalanced the goddard.

it now has a hold of 750, 1000 max, can only carry shields up to lv8 but has 24 slots for upgrades.
i did this cuz its a pretty big ship, nearly a capship. But Lv 10 shields shuld be reserved 4 the biggest ships like the tesla

i spend hours of testing my modifications and all seems to work fine.
bugs may be in anyway, so save ur units.cvs if u want to try mine.

thinks i think shuld be done:

rebalance dodo, plowshare and mule as they got a to big cargohold and/or a to low price

have phun
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Methink this thread belongs in "Development".

Anyway... what did you base this on? CVS or 0.4.3? Because CVS is undergoing rebalancing already, so if you based it on 0.4.3 it's less than useful, I'd regretfully say.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Motorb1tch
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Motorb1tch »

the modification is based on vs 0.4.3.
maby its useless, but as i did it just to boost my personal fun with vs its ok to me if it will become obsolent soon ;)

btw whats CVS?
www2
Venturer
Venturer
Location: milkyway->the sol system->earth->Europe->The Nederland->Soud Holland->Leiden

Post by www2 »

for info about cvs look here
and the cvs version of vegastrike is the test version of VS...
All Your Base Are Belong To Us
KorJax
Merchant
Merchant

Post by KorJax »

Considering the supply on bases/planets isnt the planet's gross supply, but what that particular station you landed on has avalable for trading to anyone who wants to buy it...

But hey, we could use some more people like you balanceing stuff :D
Motorb1tch
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Motorb1tch »

--the supply on bases/planets isnt the planet's gross supply--

right but if you are willed to pay the price you shuld find someone sell it to you.
over all it makes trading more difficult, as the fact that a base have a paticular good in stock dosnt automaticly means that the price is low anymore.......

if it wuld be possible to make the trading not static anymore i think it wuld be good if the amount of warrys sold by planets were unlimited , but the price they are sold shuld change with every tonn u buy/sell, make it less profitable to buy/sell large amounts of 1 paticular good
daschapa
Trader
Trader

Post by daschapa »

VS - (0.4.3) I can buy all Raw Materials available at any Minning Station whitout fillin all my llama's cargospace. There's no way to get a mule full of cargo at any planet. Production is far away lower than cargospace allows (except, perhaps, if you fill your cargospace with ships in at some tantor class planet)
Production is very low in mos planets, except, surely, oceanic and tantor.
I sugest to consider some changes:
*Bigger production rates
*Make a bit more obvious "what we sell, what we buy" at any station/ship/planet.
*Keep some surprises about some goods and its prices
BTW: ships appear to have the same cost on all planets and bases, i think this must no be.
Other thing to consider, if a minning station are "full" of minning supplies, then it increase its raw materials production (sounds good, don't?). Transporting this idea to other stations or planets classes.
Excuse my bad engllish.
=======================
Das Chapa
Course to next jump point...
Engage!!!

http://banderas-en-tu-corazon.blosgpot.com
prestidigitator
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by prestidigitator »

It's not useless based on 0.4.3. I, and at least one or two others with Linux, still can't get the SVN version working. Data modifications to 0.4.3 are ALL I can use right now. :x

Actually, I guess I should ask if the data changes in SVN so far require any of the changes that have been made to the codebase, or are they completely seperate so far?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

some of the data side changes have reqiuired a new executable in the past so that has probally not changed.

Enjoy the Choice :)