UpDates?

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
Poster

UpDates?

Post by Poster »

hey, how's everybody?

Very cool game, but is it possible to relese also an update everytime you release a newer version?
As the download size passes alredy the 100Mb mark, everytime a newer is relesed, everyone who wants to try it out has to re-download almost everything he/she/it ( ;) ) already have.
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

One problem... with each new (major) release almost EVERY file gets changed, making it impossible to patch.
Poster

Post by Poster »

Jezz, every?!?
I seems you guyz are on a roll.

Other thing:
I downloaded 2.9 when was the latest. Did you managed to smoth the turning, yam, etc?
Also, other ships navegation didn't seem too realistic, also combat. Was it improved?

Hope you're at ease with criticism. :P
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

yes all of this was addressed

the 2.9 series was experimental stuff so that we could release 3.0 and have it be polished

people seem to agree that I worked out the quirks :-)

4.0 should be REALLY nice--fixes even more niggles, but not such serious ones as in the 2.9.x series...

the biggest thing that 4.0 solves is the bug that if you have an engine level 3, the engine will report that yuo also have engines level 2 and 1 and 0
you can only have 1 engine at a time--the highest one on the list--don't let that confuse you--that's the biggest bug in 3.0 I think :-)
correct me if I'm wrong guys *G*
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/