Switch X axis for YAW and ROLL

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Switch X axis for YAW and ROLL

Post by ezee »

Hello !

I'm not aware about a lot of things in VS ( perhaps it's already there ? ) , but one feature that i would like to see is a switch for yaw and roll control .

You know , i use a 2 axes joystick , and so i must use the keyboard for rolling .
My idea is to bind a key to a function that will switch the X axis to YAW and ROLL when you press and hold a button ( or key ).

And perhaps a second fonction to mix them ( you press a button ,push the stick to the right , your ship is rolling and yaw in that direction .You release the button , you are back to normal control ).

In combat phase or in approach for docking in a spaceStation , the gameplay could be enjoyable .
( i will try to code that myself if that don't exist , and so will open later a dedicated threat about JOYSTICKS ) .

Code: Select all

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
                // So what are you going to threaten me with? Exhaustion gas?
                return ThreatLevel::None;
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Switch X axis for YAW and ROLL

Post by klauss »

I think there is such a key and I think it is bound by default to one of the joystick's buttons. Check out vegastrike.config and look for something that would sound like that.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

[SOLVED] : Switch X axis for YAW and ROLL

Post by ezee »

klauss wrote:I think there is such a key and I think it is bound by default to one of the joystick's buttons. Check out vegastrike.config and look for something that would sound like that.
Thank you !
I check that now .

Edit : Oh yeah !

<!-- Options, for those who like them.  Paste in the relevant section to use.
    <bind joystick="0" button="1" modifier="none" command="Joystick::Mode::InertialXYToggle" />
    <bind joystick="0" button="1" modifier="none" command="Joystick::Mode::InertialXZToggle" />
    <bind joystick="0" button="1" modifier="none" command="Joystick::Mode::RollToggle" />
    <bind joystick="0" button="1" modifier="none" command="Joystick::Mode::BankToggle" />
I think that solved my problem ... let me test .
SOLVED !

But the mix of YAW and ROLL is not There.
I think that this function could be done , for a gameplay+ .
HEY ! WHAT ABOUT USE MORE THAN ONE JOYSTICK ?
I CAN IMAGINE 1 left stick for " roll and bank " a right stick for "yaw and pitch .
FOR A NEW KIND OF VESSELS ?
:wink:

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
                // So what are you going to threaten me with? Exhaustion gas?
                return ThreatLevel::None;
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki