Cargo Control Menu/GUI

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
Maxaxle
Mercenary
Mercenary

Cargo Control Menu/GUI

Post by Maxaxle »

A few cargo missions ago, having reached an impasse that I didn't want to deal with, I switched my left screen over to the cargo hold and dumped my load a few thousand km out. Thinking a bit more about how cargo was loaded and unloaded, I realized that this could be an issue; depending on how cargo was organized in your ship (something that the player has no control over), the player could unintentionally dump the wrong cargo (dump the cargo worth millions of credits instead of the contraband). What if there was a basic GUI to control cargo ingame? Perhaps even an option to lock (enable/disable dumping or selling), hide (50% chance of fooling scanners; useful for fooling pirates or in-system security), or dump cargo using the Shift-M GUI?
travists
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re: Cargo Control Menu/GUI

Post by travists »

I think you use page down at the moment to eject the first line. This could use some improvement though I agree.
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Re: Cargo Control Menu/GUI

Post by TBeholder »

Yes. Basically, what we need to stash contraband properly ;) and so on boils down to... once again, baseinterface GUI for the player's own ship.
The rest is what's needed in baseinterface anyway - moving cargo between "purchase basket", hold, etc.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter