mouseoff, christening, and crew

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
Rattan
Merchant
Merchant

mouseoff, christening, and crew

Post by Rattan »

I found a number of things I would have suggested on the wiki list already.. But here's a few that I didn't find when I skimmed it:

1.) It'd be nice if the mouse didn't stay active when you launch with a joystick set up and connected. Yes, one can grab the mouse and set it in the middle of the screen, but considering there are no mouseclick items I can think of in flight screens that aren't covered by the joystick functions, it seems like a pointless distraction (especially if you bump the mouse in flight and don't notice instantly).

2.) I'm sure it must have been said somewhere, but the ability to "christen" ships one has bought with some distinctive name. It'd be handy when one has both the civillian and milspec version of a ship, for example.

3.) This would be for somewhere way down the road I think, but the ability to do multiplayer with the players as the crew on a ship. At present everything is pretty much set up for single player, which is understandable, but in a perfect multiplayer universe, maybe one could have a few friends help with crewing a capship? At least the ships with turrets, it'd be helpful. Even before a multiplayer universe, it could be fun to get together with a buddy or few and cruise along exploring in a clydesdale or have a friend play tailgunner for you using the turret on a franklin. Or real live wingmen could add a lot of interest to an otherwise routine bounty mission, watching each other's backs, rescuing each other if somebody had to eject, etc.