Reorganization of data & modules

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Reorganization of data & modules

Post by pyramid »

First (and least): Why don't we name "data4.x" simply "data". Binding the version to the data set simply makes no sense.

Last (but not least): I'd like to include two new directories in /data/modules:
* /quests - to keep all quests inside
* /ai to keep ai py scripts inside
This would allow for a better organization and overview. Code-side all is ready on my side (just adding the dirs into src/python/init.cpp). Your opinion is appreciated.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

That's a good idea, especially with SVN's good support for switching and copying.

Indeed, we were going to hold off until the release finished so all the people hanging onto SVN to play the 0.5 version can do it.

So what I'm thinking is that I will use "svn copy", so we will, for the duration of about a week, have two data directories: "data4.x" and "data".
Then, that will give people a bit of time to do a "svn switch" either to the 0.5.0 tag or to "data".

The problem with what happened last time is that if you do a "svn move", all existing copies of data4.x will become invalid, in some cases (you might have to checkout the whole thing again, which can be painful on slow internet connections)