Faking HDR Support ?

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
bsperan
Trader
Trader

Faking HDR Support ?

Post by bsperan »

I was just wondering if the Vega Strike developers had considered some "Faking HDR" support for HDR-like effects, even for those of us lacking true HDR support on their graphics card?

http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/Faking_HDR
If you're in my situation... with a overall good graphics card but just lacking floating-point target support (what makes HDR), and you want to both achieve and be able to see HDR-ish effects, then you must get creative.
The graphics effects themselves looks pretty good, even the "very dumbed-down version" they used as an example. And I kindof doubt their dumbed-down version uses a tremendous amount of CPU power, either. (Even if it did, such Faking HDR could be an optional feature to be turned on or off in the options menu...)
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Faking HDR Support ?

Post by loki1950 »

Don't know but it will most likely have to wait on our move to Ogre3d for our rendering back-end that and i am sure that chuck_starchaser will have some thoughts and most likely a couple of hacks to do the job :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2