2d and 3d Cockpits

ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Re: 2d and 3d Cockpits

Post by ezee »

Thank you Klauss .
:)
I think i will try all the situations you have exposed , beginning by the most simple ( engine-side . )
<<<<< in the order you have so well described .

I am interested also by doing animations for the com display , like "Oswald " or " docking control " etc... I will begin with the Aera we are designing today .

Edit : Jacks emited the idea of testing new cockpit designs out of the engine .
I remember having played long time ago with the Blender game engine , that could be
a useful platform for cockpit dev ( since the blender game engine is scripted with python )
Also for testing AI , physics , etc ...

Code: Select all

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
                // So what are you going to threaten me with? Exhaustion gas?
                return ThreatLevel::None;
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki
Darkmage
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Darkmage »

Cockpits should be fully 3D and should have their own viewer/editor. Tools are the name of the game. We need an asset editor for Vegastrike. Relying on Blender/Max/Maya for editing is silly. We should be using 3D modellers for modelling geometry and texturing only. Actually rigging up the models to have gun mounts/weapon hardpoints/dockpoints/shield meshes should be done in a standalone 3D editor. All cockpits need to be redone as 3D cockpits as it will allow VR to be integrated with the engine.
If you're interested in helping with mission editor/engine development contact me at jcarthew@gmail.com or irc.freenode.net #vegastrike.
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

Here's an example of pseudo-3D holo panel cockpit.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter