Virtual Reality Support

Darkmage
Merchant
Merchant

Virtual Reality Support

Post by Darkmage »

Hi guys,

I'm looking at implementing a little bit of VR support to Vegastrike. I am not interested in learning a ton of APIs and extra bulldust as I am not a professional programmer. That said I have a Playstation VR Headset and I have access to a C API for turning the headset on into VR mode and switching between VR and Cinema modes. The API can also report the X/Y/Z Tilt of the headset. Therefore I am proposing simply binding the headset to a mouselook style camera and creating two in game cameras one for left eye and one for right eye. For the spaceflight part of the game. When on base I think the Headset should be programmed to drop out of VR mode into Cinema mode for easy use of the 2D GUI. If anyone would like to help with this I'd love your input. The API for PSVR is available here: https://github.com/adawarp/libpsvr
there is a management UI written in C# .net here: https://github.com/gusmanb/PSVRFramework
If you're interested in helping with mission editor/engine development contact me at jcarthew@gmail.com or irc.freenode.net #vegastrike.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Virtual Reality Support

Post by loki1950 »

Will that C# API translate to Mono for Linux and OSX other wise it is only for windows and if so it will never be official.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Darkmage
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Darkmage »

The C# api does build on Linux but doesn't matter anyway since I can just rewrite it in C :)
If you're interested in helping with mission editor/engine development contact me at jcarthew@gmail.com or irc.freenode.net #vegastrike.
Itusa
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Itusa »

C/C++ and you'll be well in hand. It'll certainly be looked forwards to.
Operating System: (Linux) Ubuntu 16.10 (Yakkety)
Vegastrike-taose: 0.5.1