Wikimedia MySQL extension issue

Complaints, compliments, suggestions. Have something to say about vegastrike.sourceforge.net? Here's the place to bring it up.
nabaco
Explorer
Explorer

Wikimedia MySQL extension issue

Post by nabaco »

Hi all,
I'm new on the website and am glad to be able to help and contribute with what I can. I have been going through different wiki pages, mainly reading, and switching broken SVN URLs to GH URLs.

I have noticed that every time I start to edit a wiki page, I get the following error first:

Code: Select all

Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /var/www/vega-strike.org/wiki/mediawiki/extensions/Auth_phpBB.php on line 444

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfkc() should not be called statically in /var/www/vega-strike.org/forums/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 166
After the page loads, the error stays in the background. I don't see any effect on the editing experience or results. I just wanted to bring it to the admins's attention.

Best regards,
NaBaCo.
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re: Wikimedia MySQL extension issue

Post by pyramid »

nabaco wrote:... glad to be able to help and contribute with what I can.
Welcome in the VS universe! There's plenty to get yourself entertained ;-)

As for the Wiki, one of the web admins would need to take a look. Lost my access during my long hiatus in this project.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Wikimedia MySQL extension issue

Post by loki1950 »

That would be www2 (jean-paul) most likely with an update of phpBB and it's supporting libraries.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2