Problems downloading the Windows installer

Complaints, compliments, suggestions. Have something to say about vegastrike.sourceforge.net? Here's the place to bring it up.
Major Snafu2

Problems downloading the Windows installer

Post by Major Snafu2 »

Hi all,

I have tried at least a dozen times to download the installer, and each time it fails to download the complete file. I have tried at all hours of the day and night and the results are roughly the same (meaning that the download doesn't always fail at the same point).

Is there another host that I can download from?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Problems downloading the Windows installer

Post by loki1950 »

pheonixstorm could you have a look see at this guy he does not seem to be registered at all.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Major Snafu2 wrote:Hi all,

I have tried at least a dozen times to download the installer, and each time it fails to download the complete file. I have tried at all hours of the day and night and the results are roughly the same (meaning that the download doesn't always fail at the same point).

Is there another host that I can download from?
Try a download manage with support for resume. There are many.

SVN has built-in support for "resume" (or something like it), so you could also try TortoiseSVN and download SVN. There's instructions on the wiki.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Sounds like he is downloading from sf.net

In that case try changing mirrors. If you still have problems you will need to contact sourceforge as the downloads off the project page are out of our control. We upload the files and they host them.

As for svn.. its pretty much the same deal there too. Problems on sourceforge's hardware is something we can't help you with other than what I and others have posted. Sorry :(

@loki1950 this forum is open to guests. Don't need to be registered to post here. I have it configured that way in the unlikely even that someone screws up their account or has problems registering for an account.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo