privacy setting eu cookie law

Complaints, compliments, suggestions. Have something to say about vegastrike.sourceforge.net? Here's the place to bring it up.
safemode
Developer
Developer

privacy setting eu cookie law

Post by safemode »

Is there a way to turn this annoyance off? Both my phone's browser and desktop have this annoying following tab on the side of the window and it blocks content and navigation controls. No matter what i select in it, it stays open.

Can we have some kind of profile flag that we can enable that the javascript looks for and will keep itself off screen if such an option is turned on?

ps.
Hi EU. This is the rest of the world.. just accept that you have no privacy, no anonymity, and nothing you do to avoid that is anything more than a pointless gesture to make yourself feel good. The internet giants dont need cookies to track you, that's just the easy way from back before javascript was ubiquitous. But hey, if blocking a cookie makes you think you're keeping nosey companies from finding out what you're doing then good for you. I wish everyone could live in such blind self delusion.

pps. I hate this privacy rectangle that grows when i zoom into the page! :)
Ed Sweetman endorses this message.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: privacy setting eu cookie law

Post by loki1950 »

This is www2 baby :wink: since the host is in the EU it or an other similar add-on is mandated.Even if the law makers have no idea of it's effectiveness :(

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

In Android, I once hit close, and never again popped up.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

(checks http://vega-strike.org/ - redirect to vegastrike.sourceforge.net - no popups)
(checks CookieMonster - host allowed) (checks NoScript - host allowed) (checks AdBlock - no blocked content)
(thoroughly puzzled) what tab you're talking about? :shock:
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

It's on the bottom right part of the screen. Ugly floating box labeled Privacy settings... Haven't found a way to get rid of it yet :( Not without TURNING it off on the forums.. but since the server is in the EU www2 might get into trouble over it.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

I thought maybe one of anti-popup thingies accidentally chewed it, but with "block popups" in FF unchecked - nothing, with disabled NoScript, Adblock, Cookie Monster and PrivacyChoice blocker - still not seeing it.
Oh, well...
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

TBeholder wrote:I thought maybe one of anti-popup thingies accidentally chewed it, but with "block popups" in FF unchecked - nothing, with disabled NoScript, Adblock, Cookie Monster and PrivacyChoice blocker - still not seeing it.
Oh, well...
That's because you probably clicked it the only time it appeared. It's a cookie. Once you hide it, its gone. If you want to see it, delete all your cookies.

The problem is pheonixstorm's phone/desktop are not storing this cookie preference.

I only just noticed, pheonixstorm, the phoenix is spelled incorrectly. :)
Free Gamer - free software games compendium and commentary!
FreeGameDev forum - open source game development community
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

I thought cookies were called biscuits in Europe?
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

charlieg wrote:I only just noticed, pheonixstorm, the phoenix is spelled incorrectly. :)
Yep, intentional too.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
A Laggy Grunt
Trader
Trader

Post by A Laggy Grunt »

Take a screenshot?

You might have an uninvited guest.