Trouble uploading files

Complaints, compliments, suggestions. Have something to say about vegastrike.sourceforge.net? Here's the place to bring it up.
KillerB
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Trouble uploading files

Post by KillerB »

Hey y'all!
I used to be able to upload files here for the Killer Mod, but even though I can still download my old files, I can't seem to upload any new ones.
I'm using a different laptop....wouldn't think that would affect things....
I'm doing this through a wifi at the public library...but that was what i used to upload the earlier files.
I'd really appreciate some help here.
Thanks,
KillerB
[OC]Killer B
Vanguard Federation of Gamers
=VFF Productions=
Antares Mod for Freelancer Team
Storyline Writer/Cat Herder/PR guy
General in the Ordered Chaos Corporation
Vanguard 2 Server
Science Fiction and Action Adventure writer at Antares Dreamscape
Website Creator at Awesome Websites
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Re: Trouble uploading files

Post by pheonixstorm »

Send me an email so you can send the files to me. I can check and see if its just your connection or something else that got screwed up with the forums.. Will check a few settings for now and see if there is a quick answer. Moving to website support forum though.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

I didn't see anything that would stop you from adding attachments... Still might be server related, just need to check those files you wanted uploaded.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
gonzo
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by gonzo »

It might help if you compress the file. I think .zip is one of the default allowed filetypes.

@pheonixstorm
I recently experienced this somewhere else. I think the setting for allowed filetypes in a phpBB post attachment can be set in two places so it's possible to confuse it in the admin panel.
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Yeah I think its attachment settings for allowing attachments and related items and also in allowed file types which is elsewhere and took me a few minutes to remember where it was.
KillerB
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by KillerB »

gonzo wrote:It might help if you compress the file. I think .zip is one of the default allowed filetypes.

@pheonixstorm
I recently experienced this somewhere else. I think the setting for allowed filetypes in a phpBB post attachment can be set in two places so it's possible to confuse it in the admin panel.
The file I'm trying to upload is a .zip; which is the same format I used before without any problems. Could it be that I'm over my limit or something? The Killer Mod thread is like 4 pages long now...
[OC]Killer B
=VFF Productions=
Vanguard 2 Server
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

That.. I think I actually didn't think about. Will check and see if there are limits per person as well as a site based limit. Been busy so also haven't checked email lately. Got your first email.. need to check see if you have replied though...
KillerB
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by KillerB »

Okay I seem to have it worked out now...
A)Firefox & the Vega Strike Forums don't seem to get along well at all; started using Google for the uploads & they started going through
B)I had to break the uploads into smaller bytes...not sure if there's a limit on the size of each upload or if it was just because my internet is running soooooo sloooooow.
[OC]Killer B
=VFF Productions=
Vanguard 2 Server
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

yeah, there is an upload limit from php.ini though i would have to look it up to see how much it is.