Dev Blog issues

Complaints, compliments, suggestions. Have something to say about vegastrike.sourceforge.net? Here's the place to bring it up.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Dev Blog issues

Post by pheonixstorm »

Found an issue with the dev blog thats just driving me crazy. I don't know if anyone else is having the same issue or not.. so need some feedback.

Anyway, when I go to http://blog.vega-strike.org I get a blank page unless I am logged in. Anyone else come across this?
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
travists
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re: Dev Blog issues

Post by travists »

Just tried it, blank page. And I am logged into the forum, but have not set up a blog account.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Same here.

Edit: just tried the link not logged in same blank page.
Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Reactivated the them, try again and see if it shows up
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

Visible right now from here, without blog account; I don't know if I would have had the blank problem as well earlier, never been on the dev blog before :roll:
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

It's there now and looks better that the old sf.net page :D

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
travists
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by travists »

That seems to have done it.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

So the only thing left is to change the header images out for VS related images :) got one almost ready, but getting the stupid things copped and resized for 1000x288 is a pain.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

So I have figured it out kinda. If I try to change the header image from the default theme images to a custom set I get a stupid error
Image could not be processed. Please go back and try again.
and then the them gets broken for whatever reason.. This is getting very annoying. The support section of wordpress has several different posts about this but all of them are useless as there is no fix listed anywhere, even for those that say its working. So, I am going to do a clean install and see if I get the same issues w/o the current db from the old blog. Hate to have to try and rebuild everything, so we may end up with a clean slate on the blog :(
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

blog is reinstalled. Going to attempt to restore part of the database so we will get all of our old data back. Maybe it'll work, keep your fingers and toes crossed.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Not sure what the problem is yet, but looks like we will be starting with a clean slate. And a clean install.. again.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Well, we can always create an 0.5.1.r1 release post in the dev blog to disguise the emptiness of a clean install.

It seemed like too much to post it on the forums, news and blog at the time, but such a post will serve nicely to replace a blank blog nonetheless. And I'll be posting updates about planet stuff shortly in any case (I just can't resist working on them).
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe