Bridging phpbb with wordpress

Complaints, compliments, suggestions. Have something to say about vegastrike.sourceforge.net? Here's the place to bring it up.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Bridging phpbb with wordpress

Post by pheonixstorm »

I've been working on the blog today. So far I have had mixed results though. I got the original blog up on my local server and everything seemed fine. Then I went and updated it from 2.2.1 to 3.3.1. Now I just see a big blank white page. I can do plenty in the admin pages just not on the main page (view blogs, comments, etc). Thats my first problem.

My second problem is not being able to find a bridge for wordpress/phpbb. There were some around but it seems most were abandoned. Now i'm left with a few choices, none of which I particularly care for.
1. Install clean - This means we lose all of the old blog entries, but it also means we can start fresh and setup the blog in a more updated approach.
2. Install as-is - Keep the old blog and all its posts. After looking at the latest wordpress blog we don't get the new admin functionality (maybe posting stuff too) which would cut down on the spam
3. Upgrade - Have to get this working locally first before I even think about it. Have to figure out why its not working first though...
4. Install clean and try to rebuild the database by hand. This option is work intensive but results in us having the latest blog software while still keeping all the old blog posts (and user data)

Ideas? Comments?
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Re: Bridging phpbb with wordpress

Post by pheonixstorm »

..... Spoke too soon I guess. Just fiddled around with the theme settings and now I can see everything :evil: :roll: :lol: :oops: :shock: :?
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Par for the course :roll: with any new to you app lost track of the times it's happened to me over the years.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Guess I will add this in tonight. With site email working I hope some or all of you will subscribe. Please use your forum username and password as I will be working on bridging the user database between the two and it will be a lot easier on you if both are the same already. So, if you already registered under a different name let me know and I will either try to change it or delete the old account so you can reregister.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Blog is up and running. Still needs some tweaks to get the theme looking better such as some new images for the random image rotation, but I've got an idea for a few of em.. need to resize some of the new planet screenshots to 1000x288 I think it is. Probably the green gas giant and earth. Then maybe I can get a good screenie from privateer and vegatrek and another of some in-game VS models. Also need to add some links on the main page heading back to the forums and the main page (still incomplete). More work to do and not much weekend left :(
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

In that case you may need to delete my two tries at registering as I did not get the password by e-mail this would be on the old db username as loki1950 and loki-1950

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

ok, will do. Let me know if you don't get registered again. I don't think it ever asked me to setup the mail section but I will look.